• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Easy Question..., I hope

Started by josbocc, June 13, 2011, 01:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deb415611

Quote from: KyNola on June 14, 2011, 07:11:13 AM
Like Curt, I too trim off the fact cap and then place the side where the fat cap once was up.  There is plenty of stuff inside the butt to keep it moist, you don't lose a lot of the bark when the fat cap slides off the butt when you go to pull it and there is very little fat to pick out of the meat.

Give it a try.  You won't be disappointed.

I do it this way too

Indy Smoker

Keymaster

Quote from: beefmann on June 14, 2011, 07:07:27 AM
that  question is a no brainier.... trim the  fat to less then 1/4 inch and fat cap up
This is the only way I have ever done it .

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Ka Honu

Quote from: Keymaster on June 15, 2011, 07:10:34 AMThis is the only way I have ever done it.

You have no idea how many things in my life that describes. I have come to realize, however, that even for someone as exceptional as I am, that doesn't always make it right and certainly doesn't make it the only way.

Keymaster

Quote from: Ka Honu on June 15, 2011, 07:20:19 AM
Quote from: Keymaster on June 15, 2011, 07:10:34 AMThis is the only way I have ever done it.

You have no idea how many things in my life that describes. I have come to realize, however, that even for someone as exceptional as I am, that doesn't always make it right and certainly doesn't make it the only way.
Lol, ok, I'm going to costco and get a pork butt and then I'm going cook it on its left side, fat cap pointing due east  ;D

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Ka Honu

Quote from: Keymaster on June 15, 2011, 07:57:06 AM... fat cap pointing due east 

I think that's how they do it in Islamic homes to make it legal to eat pork.  Being Jewish, I point mine toward the nearest stock market or major bank.

josbocc

The masses have spoken, Fat Cap Up it will be.  I'm looking for a crispier bark, so perhaps I shall trim as well.  Thanks for all of your advice, as well as a few laughs.

Jeff
The Wood Doesn't talk back
DBS6
Cabelas 80l Dehydator
All the Jerky Gadgets!!!