• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Hamburger recipe?

Started by Phantom Smoker, June 28, 2012, 02:10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ka Honu

Quote from: sjmcdowall on July 16, 2012, 07:26:11 AMFish Sauce ... it's da bomb.

Now you know why anchovies are an important ingredient in Worcestershire sauce.

Hedlyna

McCormick gourmet burger is pretty tasty

Adam

Mr Walleye

Quote from: sjmcdowall on July 16, 2012, 07:26:11 AM
Someone really needs to try my Fish Sauce addition -- I swear guys, it's da bomb.  :)

I like this idea and will have to give it a shot. I also agree with the flaming hot cast iron skillet.  Gotta love the crust! ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

smoke em if you got em

Just made "juicy lucys" for the grand kids. I didn't tell them about the surprise inside. They said they were the best burgers ever. I tried the fish sauce and a little bit of home made jalapeno powder in mine and I was pleasantly surprised. The fish sauce did give it that little something extra that makes it stand apart from every other burger. Even the wife liked it which was hard for her to admit since she was mocking me the whole time it was cooking. "Fish sauce, who in their right mind puts fish sauce in a hamburger." I'm not saying I'm in my right mind but I won't hesitate to do it again. Thanks for the good tip.

Mike
OBS w/ dual element and fan mods
Dual-Probe auber pid
Charbroil BEESR
Charbroil SRG
Excalibur 9 tray dehydrator
Outdoor Gourmet pellet grill
Old Smokey #22 charcoal grill
Camp Chef DLX pellet grill

OU812

My favorite hamburger is a little outta the norm.

75% course ground venison to 25% course ground bacon, mix well, grind again.

Make into 1/4 lb patties, splash of Worcestershire sauce and cook to an IT of 145 F

Gooood stuff.

sjmcdowall

Quote from: smoke em if you got em on July 16, 2012, 05:00:58 PM
Just made "juicy lucys" for the grand kids. I didn't tell them about the surprise inside. They said they were the best burgers ever. I tried the fish sauce and a little bit of home made jalapeno powder in mine and I was pleasantly surprised. The fish sauce did give it that little something extra that makes it stand apart from every other burger. Even the wife liked it which was hard for her to admit since she was mocking me the whole time it was cooking. "Fish sauce, who in their right mind puts fish sauce in a hamburger." I'm not saying I'm in my right mind but I won't hesitate to do it again. Thanks for the good tip.

Mike

Thank god someone else tried it!  :)

Also -- "Juicy Lucys"!!  OMG -- what a throwback -- now makes me homesick for MN .. (Home of the original Juicy Lucys) ... Ahh  Matt's Grill -- how I miss thee .  LOL :)