Door gasket problem

Started by Ka Honu, May 29, 2009, 09:28:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ka Honu

The gasket around the inside of the door on my OBS seems to be coming out of its track.

I tried to reseat it manually but that didn't work for me (I'm not known for my dexterity).  Before I strip the whole thing and/or break or ruin something, is there something else I should be trying?

Thanks.

js185vx

i had the same problem after only 2 smokes with my obs.  i e-mailed them & they responded back for me to call them.  they ended up sending me a brand new door less temp guage.  i was overwhelmed with such
great service. give them a call & good luck...

NePaSmoKer

If you lift the gasket where it seals around the cabinet (the 1/2" piece) there are screws behind it. Maybe the gasket ripped away from the screw.

nepas

smokeitall

Yeah mine did the same exact thing as yours, I have been kinda just living with it for now.  I will have to do something eventually.

Smokin Soon

I think the Bradley was punishing you for operating at the extreme temp swings you have in Hawaii between 78 to 85 degrees. How can any piece of equipment survive that kind of torture!!!
Just give Bradley a call, they will fix you up!

Ka Honu

Quote from: Smokin Soon on May 29, 2009, 10:32:00 PM
I think the Bradley was punishing you for operating at the extreme temp swings you have in Hawaii between 78 to 85 degrees. How can any piece of equipment survive that kind of torture!!!

El Nino has changed our weather patterns over the last 20 years or so. It got down to almost 55o a couple of nights this winter and has been uncomfortably close to 90o this week.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Ka Honu on May 30, 2009, 01:39:46 AM
Quote from: Smokin Soon on May 29, 2009, 10:32:00 PM

El Nino has changed our weather patterns over the last 20 years or so. It got down to almost 55o a couple of nights this winter and has been uncomfortably close to 90o this week.

WOW at that temp you musta had to break out the green parka with the orange lining in the hat and the fake white fur around the hood!! I must add that 55 is almost shorts and tshirt weather around here. Minimum T-shirt weather.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Ka Honu

10.5 - I hate to be the one to point it out, but your comments about the disparities in the climates of our chosen homes definitely tends to make me appear the smarter of the two of us.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Ka Honu on May 31, 2009, 12:58:37 AM
10.5 - I hate to be the one to point it out, but your comments about the disparities in the climates of our chosen homes definitely tends to make me appear the smarter of the two of us.

NO Way!!! I like having 4 seasons. I actually prefer fall and winter. I look at it this way. When it's hot I can only strip down so far and I'm still hot. But when It's cold I can always put more clothes on.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Ka Honu

Ka Honu

Talked to Brian this morning - they're sending me a new gasket.

If I had a job, I think I'd want his.  He does whatever he wants with any Bradley product and if he breaks it, he just picks up a free replacement at the office. I bet he even has an expense account for meat and other required comestibles (including beer, I'm sure - He is, after all, Can-eh-dian).  What a deal!

Bradley (Head Office)

Hi Ka Honu

QuoteI bet he even has an expense account for meat and other required comestibles
I wish  :) :)

It was nice talking to you today take care

Brian

Ka Honu

Brian, Brian, Brian -Lie to me.  I want to think there's this absolutely perfect job out there somewhere and that someone I sorta know has it.

CB

Uh ---- I do, and thanks.  We met.   ;)
Happy Grilling!

Ka Honu

Good point but I'm trying to train Brian to be as devious as we are.  Work with me here, CB.