Smoked Hot Hungarian Paprika Sticks

Started by NePaSmoKer, June 07, 2009, 02:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: lumpy on June 09, 2009, 06:24:32 AM
I would love to take a tour of your freezer NePas! ;D

Lumpy

:D  :D

Its pretty full now but after the smokeout it will be depleted some  ;D then time to get smokin again.

nepas

smokeitall

Nice looking sausage there Nepas, I take it the new smoker is working pretty well for you?

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: smokeitall on June 16, 2009, 12:34:07 PM
Nice looking sausage there Nepas, I take it the new smoker is working pretty well for you?

Yeah Scott its really nice and simple. I hooked a long hose and 20lb tank to the BPS so i dont have to buy allot of 1lb bottles.

nepas

lumpy

Cabelas sells an adaptor that allows you to fill  1lb propane bottles form a 20LBer.
I've been using it for years and have saved a ton.

Lumpy

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: lumpy on June 16, 2009, 02:03:12 PM
Cabelas sells an adaptor that allows you to fill  1lb propane bottles form a 20LBer.
I've been using it for years and have saved a ton.

Lumpy

When i worked at Cabelas we sold those by the zip strip load. I worked in camping dept, my area was processing, smokers and grills.

nepas

Tenpoint5

Quote from: lumpy on June 09, 2009, 06:24:32 AM
I would love to take a tour of your freezer NePas! ;D

Lumpy

I will second that!! Lumpy if we are Lucky Nepas will be busy elsewhere while we are on tour in that freezer!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

BigJohnT

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on June 08, 2009, 05:50:59 PM

Lumpy

Those were made for me by a friend. I don't know if he wants to sell them or not but i can ask. I got 3 different OD sizes made.

nepas

Which size did you use for the snack sticks the the 3/8", 7/16" or the 1/2" OD ones?

John

lumpy

BigJohnT

I was talking about the custom stuffer tube OD's.

John

NePaSmoKer

The OD of the tubes are 1/2, 7/16 and 3/8"

I used the 7/16 for these sticks.

nepas

BigJohnT

NePaSmoker,

Thanks. Have you tried the 3/8" OD one. I was concerned when making the small one that the back pressure would be too great with an ID of 0.319". Scott said that the small one was very difficult to push the mixture through with his stuffer but the other two worked just fine for him. I was just wondering if you had tried it.

Thanks
John

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: BigJohnT on June 18, 2009, 04:16:23 PM
NePaSmoker,

Thanks. Have you tried the 3/8" OD one. I was concerned when making the small one that the back pressure would be too great with an ID of 0.319". Scott said that the small one was very difficult to push the mixture through with his stuffer but the other two worked just fine for him. I was just wondering if you had tried it.

Thanks
John

I have not yet used the small one. Maybe when i do the mix will be at room temp and be easier.  I guess the tube makers identity is out now  ;D

nepas

BigJohnT

Yep, it is I the little old tube maker  ;) ...

Let me know when you try the 3/8" OD one if it is a good size or not. Are there any casings that would not fit on the 7/16 OD tube that would make the 3/8" OD tube a necessity?

John

smokeitall

Hey Nepas to answer your PM, you can give them BigJohnT's name for the stuffer tubes.  I was out at his place yesterday and showed him this thread and some of the people that wanted them.
Scott