Smoked Hot Hungarian Paprika Sticks

Started by NePaSmoKer, June 07, 2009, 02:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokeitall

Ok there has been quite a bit of interest in the custom stuffing tubes that I had BigJohnT make up for me and then some for Nepas.  I think the most common size that would be beneficial to have is the 7/16" tube that is 12" long.  I talked to John and he said he could make up a batch of these if there is enough interest.  I use mine so I can put the whole collagen casing on at once (19mm or 21mm).  But I have also used it for the 32mm hog casings, I just put a whole bunch on at one time  and just keep on going and I don't have to stop and re-load another casing.

Anyways let me know how many of you are interested and if Nepas wants me to I can post it in the for sale section and get them made up for you.  The cost would be $25 per tube.  Here are some pictures of mine.  The smaller one in the first picture is a 7/16 and the larger one is a 1/2, but there is no real need for the 1/2 if you have the 7/16.

First pic of 1/2" and 7/16"

Second pic of the same but different angle

Third image is 3 custom tubes (3/8, 7/16, 1/2) and one from bass pro shop and one of the plastic ones that came with my grizzly stuffer.

Smokin Soon

I am in for at least 2 tubes. Nice work!

deb415611

I'm in for 1 (the 7/16).

NePaSmoKer

SS

You can post in the FS section.

I gotta say that BigJohnT has made these real nice. I put a whole length of 17mm on the 7/16 tube.

nepas

Caneyscud

I'm newly addicted - I want at least one may be two!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

I'm in for a 7/16 if it will fit the 11 lb Cabela's stuffer.

BigJohnT

OU812,

Just measure the OD of the disk that the tube attaches to. If it is not 1.500" inches in diameter let me know...

John

smokeitall

I talked to John today and he is going to make up a first batch of 10 pieces (7/16" tube), first come first serve.  As you can see on the above post please check your flange diameter.  I have the grizzly 5 lb which is 1.5", and I believe the LEM 5lb is also 1.5".  Just take one of your current tubes and measure it.

Caribou

Those are beautiful Nepas!
And I just know they're tasty, too!
Carolyn

NePaSmoKer

Thanks Carolyn.

I am not really liking the last batch of 17mm collagen casings i used on these. They dont seem to meld with the meat.

nepas

Caribou

Nepas,
Do you have any theories on what causes that?  I had two batches I did from the same package of 19mm casings and one batch melded and the other didn't.
I was thinking it could be how quickly they cooled or something?
Carolyn

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Caribou on June 26, 2009, 02:14:37 PM
Nepas,
Do you have any theories on what causes that?  I had two batches I did from the same package of 19mm casings and one batch melded and the other didn't.
I was thinking it could be how quickly they cooled or something?
Carolyn

I think its the shelf life. The 17mm i got were just in clear wrap bag. Any other time they are vac sealed. I wont buy any more that are not vac sealed now.

nepas

smkdbrd

If there is still one out there of the 7/16th size. count me in!!!  Just let me now how you want this to happen. thanks and have a great 4th of July all!!
ex-wife said I smoked everything but the dog!!! Hey, I love my dog!!!

muzzletim

Your sticks look great! Your packaging is superb! Just looking at them I got so thirst I had to have a beer! ;D
Tim