Finally, Finally Got My New Smoker!!

Started by Margareeman, June 09, 2009, 05:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Margareeman

Hello all, I bought my new BDS today, it was on sale for 100 bucks off, same price basically as the OBS so i decided to go with the digital. Hopefully I made the right choice. I have seasoned it without a hitch. Now I have a small brisket in there for the first test smoke. I will keep you informed of the outcome and look forward to chatting with you folks as I know I will become a regular. YEE HAWWWW!!

Mr Walleye

Congrats Margareeman!  8)

Look forward to your results!

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

JimmyDreams

Welcome, and good luck on the first smoke!

If you're anything like me, you'll like it so much that you'll spend extra time just thinking up ways and things to smoke next.

Not that that's a BAD thing!!
;D

JimmyD
Oceanside, Ca.

Caneyscud

Alright Margareman - good snag on the BDS.  Same with mine - guy was tired of competing with E-bay on the smokers, and just liquidated.  Hope the brisket turns out good for you - using mesquite I hope!  Brisket ain't brisket unless its caressed and kissed by mesquite.  Welcome to the forum, wade in with both feet and post pics.
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Smokin Soon

Do keep in mind that the DBS has a max cook time of 9 hr 40 minutes. If you have a long cook it will have to be reset. Good luck with that brisket!

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Margareeman

Thanks guys, the brisket turned out quite good for my first smoke. I was not aware of the max cook time on the DBS. So when it shuts down you just start it again with the added time or add time before it runs out?? My butchers son really "butchered" the brisket, trimmed all the fat off it, from the pics on here it didn't look anything like it should! When I asked him if he could get me an 8 to 10 pounder he said he didn't think he could because it would be too fatty??? Anyway, how do you post pics here, I am open to all opinions.
Norman

westexasmoker

Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Margareeman

Here goes the pictures guys, let me now what you think.

Hopefully this works,
Norman

Margareeman

Smokin Soon

That looks delish Margaree! Yer smover still looks too clean, so lets gunk it up! Whats next?

Wildcat

Meat looks wonderful.  Bradley is a might bright, but that will soon change.  I recommend that when you are cooking on only one rack, that you do so on the second shelf from the top.  As you know, heat and smoke rise.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Margareeman

Appreciate your comments, I was a little worried about that first smoke. Good point about the upper racks, I will do that. i am going to through in some chicken tomorrow. i will post pics when they are done. Thanks again, this is a great forum!!!!
Norman

Gizmo

Quote from: Margareeman on June 10, 2009, 09:21:23 AM
   I was not aware of the max cook time on the DBS. So when it shuts down you just start it again with the added time or add time before it runs out??
Norman

Add time before it runs out is probably best.  Lest likely to forget and allow the cabinet to cool down.  If doing a smoke over night, it should be the last thing to do on you list before heading to bed.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

deb415611

Welcome Margareeman!

Looks good!

As others have said, your smoker is too shiny ;D
Deb