FREE Salmon for smoking

Started by efishingbooks, February 01, 2005, 07:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSmoker

Kummok,
Is that a smile or a strain from holding that big a** salmon?  LOL.  Great Pic!!!!
[:D][}:)][8D][:p]

Jeff
//www.bbqshopping.com

[/url]
Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

Oldman

Kummok,

Seeing how you talked so nicely about me I cleaned up your photo some. Could have done more if I was not using a screen capture, and had the original to work with.... Damn nice fish~~!

http://rminor.com

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

JJC

Omigod!!!!

If you guys take a look at my last name, you'll see why I'm genetically imprinted to be a fisherman . . . and why Kummock's photo is so stunning! [:D][:D][:D]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Cold Smoke

You're a darned lucky man to be able to fish (and eat) those monsters. I'm guessing that's mostly smile and a touch of strain.[;)][:D] Thanks for putting Olds' recipe to good use. Keep 'em coming!

Cold Smoke

Kummok

Olds:
ThanX for touch-up!! The blood is definitely more red[:D]

JJC:
I LOVE the last name!! You GOTTA go fishing with us with a name like that![:D]

Big Smoker:
A strained smile!....just short of 40# feeder King and lifted BEFORE the big "cardiac event"[;)]

Cold Smoke:
You asked for another one.....Here's last Saturday's limit.....on a scale of 1-10, this catch was about a 2-3 compared to normal. It was -18°F when we passed through the closest town (Soldotna) on the way to the lake and I was told THAT low temp was the reason for the meager catch....not sure I'm buying that. Will go again when it warms up to around 0° to 10°F and see if the big ones are more hungry. "Big" for this lake is 1.5 to 2 lb Rainbows.

Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

Cold Smoke

Kummok- nice catch of Rainbows! Do you smoke them?

I was supposed to be doing a snowmobile/ice fishing trip into a lake that we fly into every spring on the Manitoba/Ontario border (outpost camp- get dropped in by beaver or otter)at the end of this month - hoping to catch a pile of walleye- (not great for smoking but great in the pan) however my snowmobile just died on me this past weekend- pissed 'n broke- oops that should read piston broke. There's so much snow out here you can't get onto any lakes or rivers even with a four wheel drive- need a snowmobile- so it looks like I will have to live vicariously through you-[:(][;)] keep the pics coming- looks like you're enjoying yourself!

Cold Smoke

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Cold Smoke</i>
<br />I was supposed to be doing a snowmobile/ice fishing trip into a lake that we fly into every spring on the Manitoba/Ontario border (outpost camp- get dropped in by beaver or otter)<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">If I were going to get dropped in by something, I would prefer the former to the latter!

I just think they're better planes. Get your minds out of the gutter![:D][:D][:D]

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

tsquared

Hey Kummok, you got the fishin' juices going with that pic! I knew there was a reason I finished clearing the woodpile away from where I've got the boat parked today. When did you catch that--that's not a WINTER king is it? Biggest winter king around here so far is 21 lbs. Lots of little guys but nothing that size.
Tom

Kummok

Cold Smoke: This batch didn't last long enough to smoke....they were seasoned, foiled, and grilled for 5 min each side [:p][:p][:p]

Tsquared: Yup! That's a winter King (locally called "feeder" cause they're still gettin fat and ready to become yucky spawners). As I understand, they start small, feeding in BC, then keep feeding on their way up here, spend a winter or two, then the big hoorah in the rivers...whole cycle lasting around 5 years average, I'm told. Our Bay is like a growing grounds for the last 2 years so they are pretty sizeable here...average between 20-30lbs....that one was pushing 40, big spawners are 45-60lbs average, but bigger can be caught.

Chez: Yer hopeless....too funny, but untrainable [:D][;)][:D] You MUST be getting low on flatfish [;)]

Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

Fuzzybear

Kummok:

That's a beauty man![:p]

"A mans got to know his limitations"
Chattaroy, WA - USA!

BigSmoker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by smokinrookie</i>
<br />dave,

how hard would it be to ship some of that salmon south??

somewhere in the great state of georgia???[?][?][8D]

head....spinning........must smoke
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

What part of GA. are you in.  I'm just north Of Atlanta[:D]

Jeff
//www.bbqshopping.com

[/url]

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">What part of GA. are you in. I'm just north Of Atlanta<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

WOW I went to Marietta High School--1967. I open the Waffle House on 411 in Cartersville (early 1970s) and the one on I-75 about 5 exits North of 411--It was originally an Omelet Shoppe, 1978-79.

http://rminor.com

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
JJC:
I LOVE the last name!! You GOTTA go fishing with us with a name like that![:D]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Hi Kummock,

I promise to take you up on that offer!  I just wish my parents were named Catchellot . . . [:D]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Cold Smoke

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Cold Smoke

I was supposed to be doing a snowmobile/ice fishing trip into a lake that we fly into every spring on the Manitoba/Ontario border (outpost camp- get dropped in by beaver or otter)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I were going to get dropped in by something, I would prefer the former to the latter<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Way to go Kirk... just finished taking the Windex to my computer screen cause of you and your color commentatin'[:D][:D][;)]

I'm starting to think you're coming down with a bad case of good ol' canadian beaver fever.......[:0][B)][8][xx(]....

Have fun with that one.[:I]

Cold Smoke

BigSmoker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by smokinrookie</i>
i am in jasper, just south of 108....pickens county<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Let me know if your ever down Gainesville way.

Olds,
Definitely a small world.  Is there anything you haven't done?

Jeff
//www.bbqshopping.com

[/url]