Electric smoking???? That's unpossible!!!

Started by huboiler, June 26, 2009, 06:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

huboiler

Hey all.  Glad to be aboard.  Long time forum user, first time Bradley Smoker Forum user.

Been smoking on Weber gas grills for over a decade now, but thought I'd take the leap into the mysterious world of electric smokers.

Bought a 4-shelf BDS last weekend - smoked some "Texas style" beef ribs and some beef short ribs.  LOVED IT!  With 2 girls (4 years and 2 years old) the "set-it-and-forget-it" factor is a godsend.

Over smoked them, but the meat texture turned out perfectly.

I'm going to do some baby backs on Sunday and have seen some conflicting recipes on the web.  Temp/time/etc.  Will search this forum for the perfect settings.

Pointing me to the best threads would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

HawkeyeSmokes

Welcome huboiler,

Ya can't go wrong with the tutorial from 10.5. I used that and had the best spares ever.

Have fun with them.
HawkeyeSmokes

huboiler

Tutorial?

10.5????

I'm trying to find, but you've lost me. :-\

beefmann

welcome to the forum Huboiler, gotta watch out for 10.5... he has a tendency to shake a few things up... laughs evily.... alright .. he  does a few things well along with a few good ideas

Tenpoint5

Quote from: beefmann on June 27, 2009, 03:43:16 PM
welcome to the forum Huboiler, gotta watch out for 10.5... he has a tendency to shake a few things up... laughs evily.... alright .. he  does a few things well along with a few good ideas

Gee Beef Thanks for the compliment!!! ;D ;D ;D Insert Evil Laugh
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

seemore