Virgin Run with a Brisket

Started by Tenpoint5, July 10, 2009, 08:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Not knowing what the heck I was doing I trimmed the fat cap to approximately 1/4-3/8 of an inch. Cleaned the bottom. I didn't separate the point from the flat. But I did clean out most of the fat in the seam. I had to cut the Brisket in half so it would fit on my smoker racks it is a 12 pounder. Made a batch of Wild Wiilly's from Smoke and Spice rubbed it on the fat cap and flipped.

Then rubbed down the Bottom with a good heavy coating.

Stuffed into bags and into the fridge for an overnight to get all happy. While I was waiting I brewed up a batch of my yellow sauce to pour on the Sammies when done.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Tenpoint5

Habs, I put the picture of the yellow sauce in here incase you want to add it to the recipe on the recipe site. Or let me know and I can send you the direct link.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Ka Honu

10.5 -

DO NOT, I say again, DO NOT put that in your smoker.  You've screwed it all up and it will turn out disastrously UNLESS you immediately pack it in dry ice and ship it to me (via UPS overnight).  I will TRY to save it for you but can't guarantee anything (because you've already made such a mess of it).  Again, DO NOT SMOKE.  Pack and ship IMMEDIATELY!

PS - Bottle up the sauce and send it, too.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Ka Honu on July 10, 2009, 08:37:47 PM
10.5 -

DO NOT, I say again, DO NOT put that in your smoker.  You've screwed it all up and it will turn out disastrously UNLESS you immediately pack it in dry ice and ship it to me (via UPS overnight).  I will TRY to save it for you but can't guarantee anything (because you've totally screwed it up already).  Again, DO NOT SMOKE.  Pack and ship IMMEDIATELY!

PS - Bottle up the sauce and send it, too.

Ka Honu,

I would be more than glad to pack it on dry ice and ship it to you. BUT the US Postal Service won't let me ship liquids. By the way how did you know I forgot to put the Cayenne in the Yellow Sauce?

seemore

pic  pic 10.5 go go looks good
seemore.................

Ka Honu

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on July 10, 2009, 08:41:54 PM... BUT the US Postal Service won't let me ship liquids.

Use UPS or FEDEX and put it in an organ donor cooler (it worked on M*A*S*H).

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on July 10, 2009, 08:41:54 PMBy the way how did you know I forgot to put the Cayenne in the Yellow Sauce?

If you had, I would have been able to taste it from here.

Habanero Smoker

10.5;

Thanks for the picture of the yellow sauce. No need to provide a link, I can save it from your post. I can't wait to see the finished product.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on July 11, 2009, 02:00:17 AM
10.5;

Thanks for the picture of the yellow sauce. No need to provide a link, I can save it from your post. I can't wait to see the finished product.

That makes Two of Us for sure!!!

westexasmoker

Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

NePaSmoKer

Your briskit is lookin good  ;D

Sorry i didnt call you back yesterday, got busy with salmon and stuff.

nepas

Tenpoint5

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on July 11, 2009, 09:49:18 AM

Your briskit is lookin good  ;D

Sorry i didnt call you back yesterday, got busy with salmon and stuff.

nepas
No harm No foul

Tenpoint5

Here we are, the two slabs after getting happy in the fridge for 16 hours. We sat at room temp for an hour. We are currently in the BDS4 cruising along at 225*, having a party and smokin some funny smelling Messy wood!!!

HawkeyeSmokes

Looking good there 10.5. You know it's going to be great. If a rookie like me  :P can make a brisket, we all know you can. Look forward to seeing the results and just thinking about it making me hungry!!
HawkeyeSmokes

Tenpoint5

All done smoking in the Bradley Party. In foil pans waiting for some Apple Raspberry juice and a foil cover. Then its into the sauna Oven at 200* for about 12 hours. I wont peek until sometime around Noon.

deb415611