• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Wasted pucks...

Started by bcbobster, February 15, 2005, 11:44:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcbobster

When I smoke, and I only want to burn 3 or 5 pucks, it takes 5 or 7 in the tube just to advance the last needed disk in my smoke time, then the last one before the burner seems to burn a little without even being on the main burner, and the very last one I need to manually remove it after I'm done...

How can I stop the waste of pucks, is there a ceramic puck or something else to use to advance the last puck in the burn...

BcBobster

Snag'm Smok'm and Bag'm

simmy

Get yourself some bubba pucks from www.chezbubba.com It is exactly what you need. They have very fast and friendly service.

Steve

Steve

nsxbill

Funny you should ask.....Bubba Pucks are available from http://www.chezbubba.com.  Spun aluminum the size of a puck.  I use two with one more puck in the tube when I smoke.  the last puck on top pushes the aluminum over the heater plate, and just stays there during the smoke and final hours in the smoker without smoke.

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Kummok

Buy 3 BCB, Kummok NEEDS a bigger boat![:D][:D][;)]

Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

jaeger

Kummok,
You are a riot. I don't know how we keep this forum together during your off season. I guess we'll just all have to come up to Alaska to see wus up after you  sign off for the season....
   and.....I will finally break down and order some Bubba Pucks this week since.....

Kummok Needs a BIGGER Boat!!!!![:D][:D][:D]

and you know what.....those drying racks are looking pretty tempting...

Later,
Doug

Chez Bubba

Jaeger,

Sprechen sie deutch?

Kirche

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Kummok

Come on up Doug!! We should have a Bradley convention up here!! Of course, I can only put up 4 people in two beds so they'd better be married or REAL secure about their manliness (is that a word?)  [:D][;)]

Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

jaeger

Kummok,

I couldn't think of a better place for a convention! As far as sleeping arrangements....not to worry, we're a pretty tight bunch here..eh...

by the way, just out of curiosity, do you do any big game hunting up there???

Doug

RhinoDoc

Just a word of advice - and this is from personal experience:

don't try to take the aluminum pucks out of the smoker right at the end of the smoke. Let them cool down a while first. Even if you think you can quickly snatch them with an oven mitt on and get them out of the smoker, you can't.

Pete[:I]

nsxbill

Does that mean you have some "Bubba blisters?"  No extra charge! [:D] [:D]

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Kummok

RhinoDoc:
You REALLY should post a "Cover Monitor" warning before you post stuff like that....I've been wiping up "sprayed coffee" all morning after reading your post[:D][:D][:D][:D]

Bill:
GREAT IDEA!! Hmmmmm......Bubba Juice (bottled cold water) to pour on burned fingers, sold as an accessory to Bubba Pucks.....Big Boat[:p],Big Boat[:p],Big Boat[:p],Big Boat[:p] [:D][:D][:D]

35 years of extinguishing smoking stuff and now I'm wondering WHY!
Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

Kummok

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jaeger</i>
<br />Kummok,
.......by the way, just out of curiosity, do you do any big game hunting up there???
Doug
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Doug
Sorry about the photo quality...they were taken during remodel projects....

35 years of extinguishing smoking stuff and now I'm wondering WHY!
Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

jaeger

Nice pictures Kummok! What an awesome view off your deck. (of course, you probably have an awesome view out of any window in your house!!!)

Doug

whitetailfan

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Kummok</i>
<br />
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Hey Kummok,
What is that mount that appears to be "under glass" must be a display case of some sort...the one between the caribou and the sheep?

<font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green">
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

MallardWacker

Kummok!!!

Thats it, <b><font color="blue"><font size="2">I AN FEAK'N JELOUS and EVEN ON MY WAY TO SINN"N LOKING AT YOUR PICS.</font id="size2"> </font id="blue"></b>  Simply bea~utifullll.  After my boat ride to AK, I have always loved the place, cold, no~cold, I don't care, it's a wonderful place.  Seems like great people and just a great way of life.  Hate that corprate crap...However one problem with your pics...<b><b><font color="red">NO DUCK MOUNTS!</font id="red"> </b> </b>

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...