OBS to arrive tonight

Started by kitchendad, August 20, 2009, 07:31:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitchendad

Hello everyone,
FedEx tracking says that my smoker is to arrive tonight!  I have been working with a hot plate plate powered home brew rig up until this point, can't wait for the upgrade.  Hopefully I can get it assembled and seasoned tonight and have her ready for lunch tomorrow!
Just a dad cooking for the family.

KyNola

All Right DAD!

Congratulations.  You are in for a real treat.  Get that baby seasoned up and then let the smoke roll.  What are you thinking about doing for your maiden voyage?

We are all almost as happy as you that your Bradley will be there tonight.

KyNola

Hopefull Romantic

Congratulations kitchen dad. When my courier called me and told me that my smoker arrived to their operation facility which is about 6 miles from where I live, I probably called the a dozen time and went outside to wait for them to make sure they do not miss the house. So I know how you must feel.

Enjoy and as KyNola said; you are in for a treat.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

mikecorn.1

Welcome to the forum. Not much of a setup. Just slide the wood burner into the tower, place the 3 cords where they go and put all the shiny stuff in and let the smoke roll.  ;D  The instructions will tell you how to season the smoker.
Mike

pensrock

welcome to the forum, check out the recipe site and remember to keep the top vent 1/2 to full open most of the time, for me, I keep it 3/4 to full open all the time. Enjoy.
pens

OU812

Kinda like waiting for christmas morning to come

Key thing to remember during set up is the heat shield (the pan with the louvers on the front and back and the hole in the middle) goes in like a "V"

When the Bradley is shipped the pan is upside down

Always keep your vent at least 1/2 open or more, NEVER smoke with the vent shut. You need the moisture to escape otherwise it will condense and drip on the product your trying to smoke or worst yet back up in the generator and mess things up.

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum kitchendad!

Recipe site - Check

Vent open - Check

Looks like we covered the bases....
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

smokeitall

Congratulations on the new addition to the family  :)

Hopefully the Fedex stork will arrive on time.

OU812

Oh ya how rude of me

Welcome to the fun

mikeradio

Jimmy

Welcome  Kitchendad,

Enjoy your new Bradley smoker.. I know it has given me back a bunch of free time because its so easy to setup and use...

Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on August 20, 2009, 07:52:41 AM
Congratulations kitchen dad. When my courier called me and told me that my smoker arrived to their operation facility which is about 6 miles from where I live, I probably called the a dozen time and went outside to wait for them to make sure they do not miss the house. So I know how you must feel.

Enjoy and as KyNola said; you are in for a treat.

HR

And HR I know how you felt waiting for yours to be delivered, I worked from home that day so as not to miss the UPS guy.. ;)

Now I'm just waiting for my 1hp Weston grinder to be delivered, no more hand cranking...YAY!!!!... ;D 

kitchendad

Thanks all for the greetings.  I drove an hour out of my way today to my favorite butcher shop to pick up ten lbs of pork belly!  OBS has arrived, a minor scratch/crack.  It's set up and seasoning.  As I type I just caught the first wiff of smoke!
Just a dad cooking for the family.

muzzletim

What fun to see such excitement in your post! We will look forward to seeing pictures of all your sucesses!
Tim

KyNola

Dad,
10 pounds of pork belly can only mean one thing.  You got 10 pounds of bacon in your future!

I'm loving the excitement and 10 pounds of pork belly.  One question, you gonna be able to wait for the curing time of pork belly before you fire that OBS to smoke something?  I THINK NOT!!!

What's your first smoke?

We are all so proud of your enthusiasm.

Let it roll!
KyNola

FLBentRider

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooh Bacon!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!