Some HOT ABT's

Started by HawkeyeSmokes, August 24, 2009, 02:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HawkeyeSmokes

Stopped at a local farmer's market yesterday and they had some nice looking peno's that were quite large. So I said self, ya better get some and make some ABT's. Today, cored them and stuffed with cream cheese, cheddar cheese and some sausage. Smoked for 1 hour with maple @ 230 then cooked one more hour. What a surprise when we tried the first one. They were hot, not for little children or sissy's.  ;D I bet even Pens would have approved, I know he likes his peppers.  :D
Went over well as we've been looking for a way to warm them up a bit.

HawkeyeSmokes

Hopefull Romantic

Great Looking ABTs Hawkeyesmokes.

Would you be so kind as to give me the exact measurments fo the stuffing> Please.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

mikecorn.1

Good looking abts. Looks like they listened and all stood up straight for the march. I made some last week and two fell asleep while in ranks so i dealt with them quick.  ;D They never made it into the kitchen.
Mike

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on August 24, 2009, 02:34:18 PM
Great Looking ABTs Hawkeyesmokes.

Would you be so kind as to give me the exact measurments fo the stuffing> Please.

HR

8 oz cream cheese
4 oz sharp cheddar cheese
2 oz Romano cheese
4 oz sausage cooked
HawkeyeSmokes

westexasmoker

ABT's with a kick...nothing better!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

pensrock

sounds yummo!  ;D

Isn't funny how penos are like that, you can eat several with no heat at all and then bam you get a hot one. I cannot tell you how many times I have been accused of putting habs or some other pepper inside. I can only tell them, I would never do that to someone, unless they really asked for it. Now if the ABT's are for some of my pepperhead friends then all bets are off, they become ADT's real fast.  ;D ;)

seemore

hawkeyesmokes.good job
seemore......

OU812

Gotta love them ABT's

We came across the same thing this summer, they were so hot my daughter almost herled when the heat hit her.

I started laughing but she didnt think it was funny and stormed away, daddy felt sorry for her and bruoght her a big glass of milk.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: pensrock on August 24, 2009, 06:57:00 PM
sounds yummo!  ;D

Isn't funny how penos are like that, you can eat several with no heat at all and then bam you get a hot one. I cannot tell you how many times I have been accused of putting habs or some other pepper inside. I can only tell them, I would never do that to someone, unless they really asked for it. Now if the ABT's are for some of my pepperhead friends then all bets are off, they become ADT's real fast.  ;D ;)

Just gotta love them Dragon Turd surprises on an unsuspecting pal, after a couple of regular ABT's.

HawkeyeSmokes they do look Good!! I have an Asian Lady that is supposed to bring some Jap's to the local FM for me this Sat if we both remember.

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

georgeamer

OK, so I'm a real nubee.....What does ABT stand for?
George

OU812

Quote from: georgeamer on August 25, 2009, 10:16:25 AM
George

Atomic Buffalo Turd

pensrock

OU812 got you covered.

ABT's - Atomic Buffalo Turds - Stuffed jalapenos
ADT's - Atomic Dragon Turds - Stuffed Habaneros or chopped habs added to the filling in a ABT

easyridinole

Most people hate the taste of beer - to begin with. It is, however, a prejudice that many people have been able to overcome.     -WINSTON CHURCHILL-

Caneyscud

Quote from: georgeamer on August 25, 2009, 10:16:25 AM
George

They got ya covered, but there are a couple of other places with some definitions of some of the acronyms and knicknames used here and possibly other forums. 

The recipe site has this
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showpost.php?p=766&postcount=9

Here are 2 others:
http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=9730.msg104360#msg104360
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

HCT

great looking ABT's. 3 posts of ABT's and I have a load of fresh Japs. I guess I know what's cooking tomorrow. :D
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"