Hunting and Fishing Pics---Post them here!

Started by Caribou, August 28, 2009, 05:14:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caribou

I saw a larger 9 point the night before this picture was taken but I guess he didn't go by the cam.  :(
Carolyn

NePaSmoKer

tsquared

Someone's going to enjoy some nice elk roasts.
We are driving 2 hours west of us here on the island for our final salmon trip of the year next weekend. It has been one awesome fishing season. My nephew is flying out from Alberta to come with me to try and nail some coho. Here is a fishing report from a guide up there from this weekend.

QuoteCoho is ON FIRE. I did two trips today, we had 12 in the boat for 10 AM for the morning crew, and tubbed out again for the afternoon crew. Lots of fish in the bay in the strait and wherever, Batrix and Jellyfish Hoochie was the ticket behind green. Go get 'em, many in the high teens! Out again tomorrow. Plenty of hatchies or lots of wilds in the bay.

Last Chance Fishing Adventures

"teenage coho" means a 16 or 17 lb coho dancing on the end of your line. Can't wait. :)
T2

Caribou

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on September 22, 2010, 10:43:45 AM
A good friend of mine just got a nice Elk.

Cool!
Does Freepas get some elk for his smoker?
:)
Carolyn

camoghost

this guy walked by my trail cam the other day

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

camoghost

KevinG

Well, quail season finally opened up. I called my nephews and asked if they wanted to go out and do some quail hunting - seeing as they've never been before. Sure let's go!

Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Tenpoint5

Not real sure here but I don't know if I would want you to be teaching my boys how to hunt quail!!! Them look more like Rabbits that they be holding than Quail!! Unless y'all have different critters out there than we does around here.

Nice Job getting them lads out there enjoying the hunt.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

KevinG

lol I was wondering how long it would take you guys to notice. I said the same thing to them. For a minute I thought I was the one who didn't know what quail looked like. Both of them got rabbits, nobody here thought they weren't quail, so I was saying to myself "I must be wrong, these gotta be quail"  ;D It's a good thing rabbits are in season, they had more fun with them then quail (at first until they had to clean them) then it was "I don't want to hunt rabbits anymore."

One of them actually did get two quail, but I didn't get any pics. Rough day, my gun broke.

Up In Smoke

Rabbits are easy, Squeeze, cut peel.
5 minutes on a bad day. :)
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Quarlow

You know I was looking at them and saying to myself, those don't look like quail. But I have my settings to small to figure out what they were so I took your word for it. That's the last time I believe what you say.  ;D
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

KevinG

Quote from: Up In Smoke on October 10, 2010, 11:19:54 AM
Rabbits are easy, Squeeze, cut peel.
5 minutes on a bad day. :)

Not for them, 1/2 hour each and they got 3.

Sure Q - shoot the messenger  ;D

squirtthecat

I didn't do it (I'm a far better deer hunter using a Volkswagen vs a Bow), but one of my coworkers got this nice guy yesterday...

The processor got 125 pounds of meat off of it.    I've been asked to make some pastrami out of various pieces/parts.

BuyLowSellHigh

Processed, "... various pieces/parts" ?

Reminds me of the old Wendy's commercial.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here