• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Thanks to everyone for their advice

Started by SmokinCat, August 30, 2009, 06:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmokinCat

This is my first post after reading these forums last the few days for excessive amounts of time after receiving my OBS this week.  The tips I picked up from this website helped me have a succesful weekend smoking.

I know everyone will be disappointed I didn't take pictures, but promise I will in the future.  This weekend with everyone's help I did spare ribs and some killer ABT's on Saturday.  I tried some corn but didn't cook it long enough.  Then today I smoked jalapenos, habaneros and some poblanos.  Have them all in the food dehydrator going to save them for this winter for chili and the like. 

Tonight I got daring and did some snow crab, since I am in Kansas it was frozen.  Used oak for about an hour and it turned out great.  Also did some bacon wrapped scallops that were as good as it gets for seafood here.

Looking forward to next weekend, doing some ABT's for tailgating and maybe some baby back ribs.  Thanks to everyone for posting all their experiences.

HawkeyeSmokes

Welcome to the forum SC. Glad to hear about the the great food you have had from the Bradley so far and am sure you are looking forward to more. So what's next on the list?

Make sure to check out the recipe site to. http://www.susanminor.org/forums/
HawkeyeSmokes

mikeradio

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum SmokinCat!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

squirtthecat

Welcome!

Crab legs?  Interesting...  Did you put them in frozen, or did you thaw first?

Same problem here in Illinois re: seafood. (almost always frozen)

mikecorn.1

Mike

OU812

Welcome to the fun of smoking from the state north of you

Smoked crab legs never thought of that, sounds good though

Being land locked in Nebraska frozen sea food is all we get also

KyNola

Way to go SC!  Sounds like you are well on your way.

KyNola

pensrock

Welcome SmokingCat, I see those ABT's got you hooked.  :)
Great aren't they?
pens

SmokinCat

penscat, used to use a brinkman vertical smoker and have made ABT's many times on the grill but never smoked them.  Oh yes, I am hooked.