• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Whiskey: American or Canadian ?

Started by classicrockgriller, September 02, 2009, 07:31:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExpatCanadian

Mmmmmm.... Whiskey.... *drools*  :)

I was always a Crown Royal or Gibson's Finest guy myself back in Canada, and it's still my favourite present from duty free when I get visitors from back home.  I do love a good Rye whiskey as well...  but in my teenage years grew up with some pretty nasty stuff that we mixed with copious amounts of whatever was around to mask the taste and simply get p*ssed!

Jim Beam Black is probably my favourite "everyday" Bourbon, but for special occasions I have a sneaky supply of Stagg that I picked up for a steal a number of years back.

But...  since living in the UK, I'm with 3rensho....  my main drink these days is Scotch...  single malt, and I've rarely met one I haven't liked.

Hey...  anyone tried Jim Beam's Rye Whiskey?  Spotted a bottle of it in a specialty whiskey shop here in London, and was very curious.  Nearly bought it, but already had an armful of other stuff and had to stop somewhere  ;)

HCT

Sometimes I use JD instead of vanilla extract. Gives a nice change.
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

OU812

Jack Daniel's across the board, shots mainly but when we are having a socail get together it's on the rocks.

Makes a good sipping whiskey and goes good with food

Hopefull Romantic

IMHO, Mr. Jack Daniels is a man that should go down in history as the only human that was able to develop a following of epicures for good whiskey around the world. No one else could.

Many of the the other whiskeys' drinkers can variate (JW drinkers some times venture into Chivas and Dimple or even old Parr) only JD loyalists stick to the square bottle.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

rdevous

HR.......Mr. Jack is in Heaven and there is no argument!!!  That said.....Mr. Bushmill is sitting in the rocking chair next to him!!!  I love Irish whiskey straight.  Put Jack or Bushmill in a marinade and you won't be coming to the next party!!!!

Ray......be right back.....a Double Jack on the rocks coming up!!!

If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: rdevous on September 03, 2009, 10:25:03 AM

HR.......Mr. Jack is in Heaven and there is no argument!!!  That said.....Mr. Bushmill is sitting in the rocking chair next to him!!!  I love Irish whiskey straight.  Put Jack or Bushmill in a marinade and you won't be coming to the next party!!!!

Okay how about this:

Buy your favorite Ice cream
One Jar of your favorite Jam ( I prefer Strawberry)
1/2 cup of JD

Serve the Ice cream in suitable plates
In a small sauce pan, melt the jam over low heat, add the JD and  ignite.
Ladle it immediately on the ice cream while lit. It will be the talk of your party.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

classicrockgriller

I think I'm getting drunk reading these post. Great stuff

tsquared

QuoteI live in such a small red neck area that I have to drive 22 miles for Liquor and can only bring a 1/5th back or
I can go to jail for transporting..the fine is $500.
You're kidding, right??... You can't go buy a bottle??!!! I consider myself lawabiding but not if I was your neighbor, Rock! I am with the boys who favour that single malt stuff but do sip Alberta Springs rye once in a while, Bushmills too. JD is in the cupboard for guests who like bourbon and for bbq recipes. 
T2

HawkeyeSmokes

The best I ever had was a bottle of CC I got for my 25th birthday. Didn't open it and after a few years, decided I wasn't going to until the next 25 went by. Opened it the 50th and you talk about sipping whiskey! Wish I had done that every birthday.  :D
HawkeyeSmokes

classicrockgriller

Quote from: tsquared on September 03, 2009, 07:00:50 PM
QuoteI live in such a small red neck area that I have to drive 22 miles for Liquor and can only bring a 1/5th back or
I can go to jail for transporting..the fine is $500.
You're kidding, right??... You can't go buy a bottle??!!! I consider myself lawabiding but not if I was your neighbor, Rock! I am with the boys who favour that single malt stuff but do sip Alberta Springs rye once in a while, Bushmills too. JD is in the cupboard for guests who like bourbon and for bbq recipes. 
T2

tsquared, I usually hit the liquor store when they open at 9, get my 6 pack of 1.75 lt bottles. Lay the in the back floor board of my truck...cover them police magazines...stop by the old folks home, the church and the spca in case I am being followed. It is an old law that needs to be adjusted. This county just started selling beer two years ago, heck I live in the country and didn't get 911 till 18 months ago. But I love the peace and quite.

oguard

I prefer rum but a glass of Crown is nice around the fire.

Mike
Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.

Tenpoint5

I'm a Wild Turkey Man here, 8yr old 101 proof. Jack is good but I don't like the bite. For mixers I use Black Velvet.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

muntjac

The only good whisky is an 18year old Scotish malt namely 'Ardbeg'

sodak

10.5 - I knew there was a reason we hit it off...BV is one fine mixer.  I used to shake Jack's hand when I was younger. 

classicrockgriller

Stopped off at the ye ole liquor today and got these in 1.75 bottle sizes: Kessler, Bookers, Canadian Hunter, JB Rye (was a smaller bottle, dang), BV, and crown. Time for a little chat with the wall.