Worlds Best Grilled Salmon Recipe

Started by dbrown1, October 01, 2009, 09:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbrown1

8 salmon fillets (Not whole fillets, meal size fillets)

1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil

1 teaspoon sesame oil

5 tablespoons soy sauce

4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar

3 tablespoons honey

3 teaspoons brown sugar

1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger

1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, more or less to taste (I like more)  ;D

1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)

2 green onions chopped

3 cloves garlic minced

Place salmon fillets in large resealable plastic bag. In a seperate medium bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients.
Whisk together well, and pour over the salmon in the plastic bag.
Remove the air from the bag and seal tightly.
Marinate the salmon fillets in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.

Remove from bag and wrap the salmon fillets tightly in aluminum foil.
Spray the inside of the aluminum foil with non-stick cooking spray before adding salmon.

Lightly oil grill grates. Grill the salmon for 15 minutes per inch of thickness on a medium hot grill, or until salmon flakes with a fork.

Turn Salmon over halfway between grilling.

This is sooooo good, Enjoy !

Quarlow

Looks good dbrown1 I'll have to add that to the big long list of things to try. There is just to many recipes on here. Not that i"m complaining. Looks like we're the only ones still up.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

dbrown1

Yes so it would seem lol... I think you will really enjoy this recipe it is pretty amazing

Caribou

Thanks for sharing Dbrown1!
Last week I was given salmon from two different friends so I have no excuse to try it.
Just got to get me some green onions now  :D
Carolyn

dbrown1

Hope you like it Carolyn, it is one of my favorites.

David

OU812

This does sound good.

I have one question, do you skin the fillets be for you cook ?

dbrown1

Yes I do .. sorry forgot to mention that.

OU812

Hopefull Romantic

Thanks for sharing dbrown1. My next batch of salmon will be cooked like that.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

Kummok

You've got my attention with that recipe, DB1...looks scrumptious (and I'm REAL picky about my salmon! ;) ) I'm going to give it a shot with some white King steaks with the following mods....

1. I'll Reveo for 20 minutes instead of overnight in the reefer
2. I'll stick with my standard 3 min per side instead of the 15+ mins....(my steaks are always cut at 1.25" thickness)

I'll let you know the outcome but my mouth is watering just thinking about trying your new recipe...ThanX for sharing!!

dbrown1

You're welcome please lemme know the outcome can't wait !

CB

to each his own...but I gotta say, and not to be a hater of your post because you have presented it thoughtfully and obviously it's something you are rightfully proud of.

But ---- With great quality salmon (I prefer wild caught Alaskan varieties) I don't see a need to fuss with the basic rich flavor profiles.  I can see that with the farm-raised stuff you might want to alter or even augment with some heavy additional flavors.  

Good wild caught salmon seasoned with just a bit of sea salt, some fresh ground pepper a spritz of canola or safflower oil to help heat conduction and reduce any sticking --- then grill that salmon over a clean charcoal fire (Of course I use infrared gas-powered too) is all I need.

And grilled crispy salmon skin is a tasty garnish that I love to keep for the cook!
Happy Grilling!

dbrown1

CB I hear ya, savor the flavor... I guess after living in Alaska my whole life eating salmon at least twice a week every week I just need a little variety  ;D . This recipe is out of this world it is sort of an asian influence to salmon. If you ever get tired of eating your salmon "plain" give this a try.

Caribou

Quote from: dbrown1 on October 03, 2009, 02:57:26 AM
CB I hear ya, savor the flavor... I guess after living in Alaska my whole life eating salmon at least twice a week every week I just need a little variety  ;D . This recipe is out of this world it is sort of an asian influence to salmon. If you ever get tired of eating your salmon "plain" give this a try.
That's exactly what my response would be too!  :D
When you have that much salmon you're looking for a variety of ways to cook it both plain and not-so-plain.
I bet you have a healthy heart with all that omega oil!  :D
I'm going to try your recipe this week...can't wait,
Carolyn

HawkeyeSmokes

Sounds great dbrown. Some of wish we had your problem of eating great salmon at least twice a week.  :D
HawkeyeSmokes