Questions about OBS Add On's ***Added thermometer and foil bricks***

Started by Batman of BBQ, October 06, 2009, 07:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArnieM

There's plenty of cast iron at Amazon.  Free shipping if you buy enough.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Batman of BBQ

I too am technically using a "meat probe" for getting the chamber temp.  Do you see a problem with that?
Don't want to be the best in the world, just the best in my neighborhood.

1 OBS, Nuff Said

FLBentRider

Quote from: Batman of BBQ on October 07, 2009, 01:50:02 PM
I too am technically using a "meat probe" for getting the chamber temp.  Do you see a problem with that?

The only problem I see is that the other probe is shorter, you can't get it deep into the product you are smoking.

It should be easy enough to reverse them.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

ArnieM

Quote from: Batman of BBQ on October 07, 2009, 01:50:02 PM

I wouldn't think it would be a problem.  I had an earlier post on this thread comparing my hanging meat probe to the door thermometer and they were very close.

But as FLBR said, you may need the length for inserting the probe into the meat.
-- Arnie

monty

Quote from: oakville smoker on October 07, 2009, 09:51:27 AM
I am going to have to find me one of these puppies or something very similar here in the great white north.
I am sure all of these things have been put away but maybe an outdoors place like Bass Pro or LeBaron will have something hanging around.

Canadian Tire has LODGE brand cast iron stuff
Bradley Original Smoker BT1S1
Auber PID WS-1200CPH
Traeger Lil' Tex BBQ070
Char-Broil Big Easy Infrared Fryer 10101480
Napoleon Ultra Chef UP405RB

ArnieM

Quote from: monty on October 07, 2009, 05:20:35 PM

Please forgive my ignorance, but that sounds a bit strange.  What?  Buy 4 tires, get a free front end alignment and a cast iron pot?

Seriously, All of my cast iron ware is made by Lodge and I swear by them.  My wife wanted to make chicken glop tonight - boneless, skinless chicken breasts with cream of mushroom soup.  I threw in some grapes (kind of interesting) and frozen peas toward the end.  In the oven at 350, (browning the breasts first), for about one hour total.  Of course, I also added chipotle powder, garlic and onion.  Cleanup with some hot water, scrub with a bit of coarse salt, dry and re-oil.  Good to go, and no poisonous chemicals in there.

I'll use SS pots if I have to boil something, but other than that, it's cast iron all the way.
-- Arnie

squirtthecat

Quote from: ArnieM on October 07, 2009, 05:37:01 PM

Please forgive my ignorance, but that sounds a bit strange.  What?  Buy 4 tires, get a free front end alignment and a cast iron pot?

http://www.canadiantire.ca/home.jsp?site=WebStore

monty

Quote from: ArnieM on October 07, 2009, 05:37:01 PM

Hey Arnie! Canadian Tire is a huge retailer here which sells auto parts/accessories, hunting & fishing gear, sporting goods, housewares, and more. And yes, you could get an alignment and pickup your cast iron pan - they have a garage/repair shop (though I would never take my Jag there  ;))
Bradley Original Smoker BT1S1
Auber PID WS-1200CPH
Traeger Lil' Tex BBQ070
Char-Broil Big Easy Infrared Fryer 10101480
Napoleon Ultra Chef UP405RB

ArnieM

I enjoy learning new things and seeing new places.  But, you people are a bad influence.  I went here http://www.canadiantire.ca/home.jsp?site=WebStore
and almost bought the 50% off slow cooker.  It's not unusual to find a place selling a wide variety of stuff on the web.  However, when their URL includes "tire", who'd think of all the other stuff they sell.  I'm not going to tell my wife about them.
-- Arnie