Bradley Forum Christmas Gift Exchange......DID EVERONE GET THEIR GIFT?

Started by classicrockgriller, October 07, 2009, 12:38:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

Quote from: deb415611 on October 14, 2009, 03:46:55 PM
Quote from: Tenpoint5 on October 12, 2009, 01:58:38 PM
Quote from: Habanero Smoker on October 12, 2009, 01:37:30 PM
Quote from: ArnieM on October 12, 2009, 09:55:23 AM
I've found USPS "flat rate" shipping boxes to be quite expensive compared to "regular" USPS rates or UPS.

On this side, you save a bunch of money if you use the flat rate shipping anywheres west of the Mississippi. That is where you get the greatest savings.
As Luck would have it. We currently have 16 people interested and 8 live East and 8 live west of the Mississippi

You don't want to select people that are too close together though.  I think a cool gift would be regional stuff ,  if I were to get Arnie I wouldn't be able to do something like that (not that I could anyways, I don't think CT has any food that's just in CT ??? (that would be connecticut, not carolina treat :D)

(Nothing personal Arnie ;)  just using you as an example)

deb that is kinda what I was hopin......we want to make it fun, just not too expensive.

deb415611

Quote from: ArnieM on October 14, 2009, 04:03:36 PM
Gee Deb, people are always pickin' on me.  I was thinkin' of a jar of Southwest New England Canadian California Texas Florida Nebraska Illinois rub.  That should be good for HR.  ;D  Sorry, I think I forgot Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Kentucky and the Carolinas. 

Sorry, you were closest :D   I have only lived in CT for 4 1/2 years - do we have any foods? other than New Haven pizza?  

ArnieM

Deb - do you mean Pepe's?  A large pie, tray of clams on the half shell and a pitcher of beer?  I'm drooling again.  ;D

Actually, there's a place here in town (Carmanucio's I think?) that is rated as one of the 10 best in the country.  Not smoked but pretty darn good!
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Tiny Tim

Gee Deb, people are always pickin' on me.  I was thinkin' of a jar of Southwest New England Canadian California Texas Florida Nebraska Illinois rub.  That should be good for HR.  ;D  Sorry, I think I forgot Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Kentucky and the Carolinas. 

Ahem.....ya forgot about us:

Idiots
Out
Wandering
Around the
Neighborhood
Stumbling.

:D :D :D

La Quinta

rdevous

I'm in.............PM'd 10.5 my info.

I participated in a Secret Santa several years ago on another forum. I got a contractor's name working in Saudi Arabia.  The $15.00 gift cost me $32.50 to ship UPS.  I explained to the person in the UPS store that it was a Secret Santa gift exchange so my name could not appear anywhere on the gift.  He said that he understood and would take care of it.  When the person received the gift, he sent me a thank you message on the forum.  I asked how he figured out so quickly who sent it...my name and address was on the required shipping slip.......... ;D

Ray
If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!

deb415611

Quote from: ArnieM on October 14, 2009, 04:35:09 PM
Deb - do you mean Pepe's?  A large pie, tray of clams on the half shell and a pitcher of beer?  I'm drooling again.  ;D

Actually, there's a place here in town (Carmanucio's I think?) that is rated as one of the 10 best in the country.  Not smoked but pretty darn good!

Yeah, Pepe's is what I meant.  I would love to be able to try one of their clam pies but I'm allergic to shellfish  >:(  Their pizza is definitely different than any I have had anywhere else.  I'm not a huge pepperoni fan but that is one place where I will eat pepperoni pizza.

I'll have to try Carmanucio's. 

OU812

Quote from: Tiny Tim on October 14, 2009, 11:00:39 PM

Ahem.....ya forgot about us:

Idiots
Out
Wandering
Around the
Neighborhood
Stumbling.

:D :D :D

Tim, I haven't herd that one for a long time. :D

ArnieM

-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: rdevous on October 15, 2009, 12:31:12 AM

I'm in.............PM'd 10.5 my info.

I participated in a Secret Santa several years ago on another forum. I got a contractor's name working in Saudi Arabia.  The $15.00 gift cost me $32.50 to ship UPS.  I explained to the person in the UPS store that it was a Secret Santa gift exchange so my name could not appear anywhere on the gift.  He said that he understood and would take care of it.  When the person received the gift, he sent me a thank you message on the forum.  I asked how he figured out so quickly who sent it...my name and address was on the required shipping slip.......... ;D

Ray

Ray, The only secrect is who got your name until you get the gift. Like Deb said try to make it something from your area that the other person might not be able to get. We will have a post where you can come to , tell what you got and who sent it to you. That will be the fun part.

classicrockgriller

We still want Ideas, The only thing at this point that has a final decision is the dates, and the amount of $ spent.

dbrown1

This is gonna be fun, Hey 10.5 sent you my info a couple days ago, if for any reason you don't have it please let me know and I will resend. 

Tiny Tim

Quote from: ArnieM on October 15, 2009, 06:50:45 AM
Sorry I missed the great state of Iowa Tim.  :(

No harm, no foul, Arnie.  Just saw an a place to make my voice heard. :D

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on October 10, 2009, 07:48:47 PM
After a nice phone disscussion with CRG. We came up with the following.

Cutoff date for those that would like to enter is Sunday the 15th of Nov

The Last day that your item should be shipped on or by is Friday the 4th of Dec

The shipping date is to ensure that the folks overseas will get their gift by Christmas if at all possible If anyone has a better suggestion feel free to let us know.

HERE"S WHERE WE ARE AT. WE HAVE A $ AMOUNT. WE HAVE A CUTOFF DATE FOR BEING INVOLVED. WE HAVE A SHIPPING DATE FOR THOSE THAT ARE INVOLVED.

THIS CAN BE A FUN THING. IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE......PM TENPOINT.5 (10.5) WITH YOUR NAME, SHIPPING ADDRESS, CITY, STATE, ZIP CODE

IF YOU HAVE ANY THOUGHTS ON THIS....POST THEM HERE

Tenpoint5

Quote from: dbrown1 on October 15, 2009, 08:43:18 AM
This is gonna be fun, Hey 10.5 sent you my info a couple days ago, if for any reason you don't have it please let me know and I will resend. 

Got it
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!