Howdy from Arizona

Started by KevinG, October 08, 2009, 06:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KevinG

I guess I'm a little late to post here, since I've already got 25 posts on the other forums, but figured better late than never. Just so you know, we don't really say howdy out here, (I think that might be Texas). I'll be bringing you adventures in smoke cooking from my DBS 6rack with cold smoking attachment. I am new to smoke cooking, but have been cooking my whole life. I am an avid hunter and fisherman and do all my own meat processing, and wanted to get the smoker to try some new ideas. To all of you who have already helped me - a big THANK YOU!!! and to those I'm about to engage with, I'm looking forward to it. So far it's been a pleasure dealing with all of you, and I look forward to many years of conversation, food, fun, and yes maybe the occasional swig or two. You people have a great sense of humor, and are very pleasant to deal with!

Kevin
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

KyNola

Kevin,
Welcome aboard.  Sounds like you will be a good addition to the forum.  Please share with us your smoking and cooking experiences as we all continue to learn.  If we can assist you don't fail to ask.

KyNola

classicrockgriller

I think I gave you the ole forum welcome, incase I didn't welcome and join the fun.

HawkeyeSmokes

Welcome to the forum Kevin. What part of AZ are you from? Lived there for a year and it has some pretty nice areas. And a few hot ones!  ;D
HawkeyeSmokes

Caribou

Welcome to the forum Kevin!
Carolyn

Quarlow

Hey KevinG welcome to this great place. But on here it is best not to walk softly as long as you don't carry a Big stick. Sorry, sorry, I just had to. My bad.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: Quarlow on October 08, 2009, 09:03:45 PM
Hey KevinG welcome to this great place. But on here it is best not to walk softly as long as you don't carry a Big stick. Sorry, sorry, I just had to. My bad.

You just couldn't resist could you?? ;D ;D

KevinG welcome to the greatest fun and the nicest bunch and the addiction of smoking.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum KevinG!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

OU812

Welcome to the fun of smoking and the addiction of smoked food

mikeradio

Welcome KevinG enjoy the forum.

MIke

KevinG

Well Hawkeye, currently I live in a small town called Apache Junction, its' just east of Mesa and North of Tucson, but I have lived in many cities throughout the state. It definitely does get hot here, but the Superstition Mountains get snow in the winter and I can usually make it in about 10 minutes. Quite interesting to go from steaming hot to frozen cold in a matter of minutes. Quarlow, my stick is very big, (thanks for noticing) but I only bring this up because you did. :D Thanks all the rest for the warm smokey welcome!

Kevin

ArnieM

Welcome to the forum KevinG.  You can hang out here while you're doing smoking and that low and slow cooking.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

muzzletim

Welcome neighbor, I am from Albuquerque, NM right next door. Great forum and really a good bunch of people!
Tim

squirtthecat

Welcome KevinG!

We can go from hot to freezing cold here IL, but that is just our crazy weather, the elevation remains pretty much the same from tip to tip.

You can smoke ribs and pork butt at home, then take the Bradley with you to the mountains to do some cheese..

KevinG

Thanks, only been to NM once. Reminds me of alot of AJ. Seems kind of quiet out that way though.

Kevin