Smoked pork egg rolls

Started by westexasmoker, October 12, 2009, 08:56:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

westexasmoker

Wondering what I was going to do with that pork butt!!  Here we go! All smoked up and happy to to rest in FTC for a bit.

All chopped up

Mixed with coleslaw, diced red onion, teriyaki sauce, horseradish and BBQ sauce

Couple tablespoons into the center of an egg roll wrap

Rolled then deep fried in oil

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

ArnieM

Looks good WTS.  Nice plating too.  That dish makes it look like there's more food on the plate than there actually is.  Hmmm, might be good for dieters  ;D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

KyNola

WTS,
You never cease to amaze me with your creative ideas.  Those look great!

10.5 is gonna flip when he sees what you did with that pork.

KyNola

NePaSmoKer

Oh now ya did it. Lookie i just gained a couple pounds.

I say, I say now lookie here  ;D....................................FogHorn Leghorn  ;D

nepas

Tenpoint5

YOU IS THE MAN WTS!!! Now that is thinking outside the Box. Boy am I glad That wasn't in an ICB as an ingredient. I would have just folded up and thrown in my cards. I'm gonna have to try this one for sure. Soon as I find me some wraps.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Hopefull Romantic

Outstanding WTS, next time I do pork butt, I am going to do just like you...provided that there were left over off course.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

smokeitall

Wow that looks great....but I love just about anything deep fried  ;D
SIA

Hopefull Romantic

It just dawned on me WTS. A chinese resturant owner might read your post and soon would would have DEEP FLIED POLK BUTT SPLING LOLLS on menues across the globe.

HR

classicrockgriller

WTS, that is great food thinking. Now you have to come clean, what did you smoke that butt with?

Caribou

What a great idea WTS!
Paula Dean would be proud  ;)
Carolyn

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: classicrockgriller on October 12, 2009, 02:37:52 PM
WTS, that is great food thinking. Now you have to come clean, what did you smoke that butt with?

On behalf of WTS, here is are three choices to choose from:

a) mesquite
b) mesquite
c) Mesquite

HR

westexasmoker

Quote from: Caribou on October 12, 2009, 02:58:16 PM
What a great idea WTS!
Paula Dean would be proud  ;)
Carolyn

Precisely where I got my inspiration from!

C

classicrockgriller

I like Paula if I can turn down the volume. Too many ya'lls for me. I do read her recipe post, that way I don't have to listen to her.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on October 12, 2009, 09:43:47 AM
YOU IS THE MAN WTS!!! Now that is thinking outside the Box. Boy am I glad That wasn't in an ICB as an ingredient. I would have just folded up and thrown in my cards. I'm gonna have to try this one for sure. Soon as I find me some wraps.

In our stores up here the spring roll/egg roll squares are by the veggies, sprouts and that sort of stuff.

nepas

westexasmoker

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on October 12, 2009, 05:53:47 PM
Quote from: Tenpoint5 on October 12, 2009, 09:43:47 AM

In our stores up here the spring roll/egg roll squares are by the veggies, sprouts and that sort of stuff.

nepas

Yep in the produce section....go figure!

C