Jerky virgin

Started by KyNola, October 17, 2009, 07:50:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HawkeyeSmokes

Ky, even an inexpensive dehydrator will make great jerky. Maybe not as much nor as fast but still great. I have a cheap American Harvest that has turned out some killer jerky! But it only holds about 3 lbs of meat at a time. It all depends on how much you need to do.
HawkeyeSmokes

KyNola

Q and Hawkeye,
Thanks guys.  Just looking for a way to improve things.  Besides, I've wanted a dehydrator for some time.  The jerky project could be just enough to push Jan over the edge! ;) :D

KyNola

Gizmo

Quote from: KyNola on October 19, 2009, 06:36:18 PM
Q and Hawkeye,
Thanks guys.  Just looking for a way to improve things.  Besides, I've wanted a dehydrator for some time.  The jerky project could be just enough to push Jan over the edge! ;) :D

KyNola

Hopefully over the edge of allowing you to purchase a dehydrator.  I used the cheap round one for many years until the Birthday present arrived.   :D
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

NePaSmoKer

Larry

You can blame it on me buddy  :D

nepas

Tenpoint5

Quote from: KyNola on October 19, 2009, 06:36:18 PM
Besides, I've wanted a dehydrator for some time.  The jerky project could be just enough to push Jan over the edge! ;) :D
KyNola
Don't worry Larry I'm in the same boat. Almost got Miss Vicky (Momma) thinking about letting me get one of them 80L's. Just not pushing the envelope real hard yet.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

I have the Excalibur 9 rack and can get 10 lb in it with no prob.

I use it all the time to make jerky, some times start in the Bradley then finish in the dehydrator, most times start to finish in the dehydrator.