Jerky virgin

Started by KyNola, October 17, 2009, 07:50:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

Do you have an eta on the Jerky?

That cold weather finally hit here. was nice today 73 but tonite they are saying mabe as low as 51

KyNola

CRG,
It's 9:30 where I am.  Hoping for 11:00-11:30.  Will be rotating racks and bumping the heat per NePaS instructions in about 10 minutes.  Holding at 145 currently.  Will bump to 160.

If the birth of your first born is any more tedious than my first jerky I'm glad I only have dogs. :D

:Dy :Dola

classicrockgriller

Well I will say this. My daughter was our first and we were all into natural child birth. La Maze, lay mid-wife with Doctor in attendence, low lite candles, etc.
I birthed my daughter and it was something that still mellows me out today. I cryed worst than she did when I took her in my arms.

Sorry this is about making Jerky.

I'm gonna hang with you for a while and watch your progress.

KyNola

Just bumped the heat and rotated the racks.  I now totally understand Rick's urgency about rotating the racks.  The back side of the racks are quite a bit further along than the front side.  Learning curve for me but it's still fun.  I'm thinking a PID is definitely in my future though.

Great story about your first born CRG.  I know it must have been very special for you.  Is that the one getting married?

KyNola   

classicrockgriller

Yep, first and only girl. I did that one right, then 3 boys.

I haven't bought a pid either, might ask Santa for one. I've been a good boy this year, I think.
No wait, I might have to get it for myself.

KyNola

CRG,
remember I said 11:00-11:30?  You can forget that.  It's 11:00 and it's not even close.  This is going to take a while. :P

KyNola

classicrockgriller

You got enough coors to hang on?

Did you see that Remoulade Marinade post.

That stuff is killer. Just goot find the right thing for it.

The chuck roast with the Remoulade were great, but so was the one I did was a dry rub.

It is a keeper if you like cajun.

KyNola

Coors is not a problem but getting up tomorrow may be.

I did see the Remoulade beef post.  Man that looked great.

Finally got the heat up where it needs to be but if I open the door and rotate the racks it will be back to square one.  Gonna take the chance and leave it as is.  I would rather overcook a few pieces instead of missing several more hours of sleep.

KyNola   

Quarlow

Yeah My little unscheduled power nap during the jerky fiasco told me it is time for a pid also.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

classicrockgriller

Well I think I will wait on a pid till next year. It's takes me a while to learn something new at my age.

Kept calling my new G/F the name of my old G/f for three weeks.

classicrockgriller

KyNola, have you seen "HI Mountain" jerky cure and seasoning "Cajun Blend"

KyNola

Half of this batch is exactly that!

KyNola

classicrockgriller

OK....Kewl (damn whiskey)

classicrockgriller

GEEZ, right there on the first page. sorry. now I know I want a True Taste test. gotta a Academy bag full of that.

Gizmo

About 3/4 of mine has finished.  Just a little bit more.  Should completely finished in about 45 minutes or less.  I love dehydrators.   8)
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/