• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Happy H1n1alloween

Started by squirtthecat, October 31, 2009, 03:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pensrock

squirt, Sorry to hear about all the sick kids. Hope they all get better soon.

squirtthecat

They are out in droves tonight...   That's a good thing.

Just had a little one (maybe 4?) come do the door squinting.  I have to go to the bathroom!!!!

Go tell mom and dad!  Here's some candy... 

squirtthecat

We've had a LOT of little doctors/nurses tonight (in scrubs, with stethoscope, etc.)

All had a big bottle of Purex tucked in their front pocket!

deb415611

The cutest kid was the 3 yr old from next door.  He put a piece of candy in my candy bowl :)  He was confused with the Halloween concept.   I gave it back and gave him a bunch.  

The probably 16 yr old that came 15 min ago w/ no costume wasn't so cute.  "Can we have a bunch of candy" , Uhh NO,  he was stupid because he would have gotten a bunch because it started raining and we did not get as many kids as usual (over 100, less than 200) and have quite a bit left over.    

Ka Honu

Quote from: Caribou on October 31, 2009, 04:54:47 PMOur daughter dressed our dog Bentley as a pirate...

Arrrr!  That's just wrong!  Maybe even more wrong than tofu.

squirtthecat

Quote from: deb415611 on October 31, 2009, 05:34:00 PM
The cutest kid was the 3 yr old from next door.  He put a piece of candy in my candy bowl :)  He was confused with the Halloween concept.   I gave it back and gave him a bunch.  

That is cute...   The little ones are the best.

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: Ka Honu on October 31, 2009, 06:34:41 PM
Quote from: Caribou on October 31, 2009, 04:54:47 PMOur daughter dressed our dog Bentley as a pirate...

Arrrr!  That's just wrong!  Maybe even more wrong than tofu.

Is that possible?
HawkeyeSmokes

KyNola

We went to our favorite hangout and told the young bartenders that you could melt Jolly Rancher candies in straight vodka.

Happy Halloween!

KyNola

deb415611

Quote from: KyNola on October 31, 2009, 11:00:31 PM
We went to our favorite hangout and told the young bartenders that you could melt Jolly Rancher candies in straight vodka.

Happy Halloween!

KyNola

I'm going to spend Halloween with you & Jan next year!

I hate handing out candy,  there are only 6 kids I'm interested in and they are always the first 6 (We are surrounded by little ones ;D, We are the old people at the end of our street  :o ).  It loses its fun after that.  Probably a third of the kids we get are over 13 and probably shouldn't even be out but I don't dare not give them candy. 

FLBentRider

It was 83F here @ 2030.

We didn't see as many of the under-6 crowd, more teens than normal.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

squirtthecat

Quote from: FLBentRider on November 01, 2009, 04:57:53 AM
It was 83F here @ 2030.

We didn't see as many of the under-6 crowd, more teens than normal.

FLBR...  Question about your weather station:

High Heat Index    159.0°F at 14:18

:o :o :o

RAF128

Halloween is over for another year.    Weather was good for kids.   Got to +2C and the snow we had earlier in the day melted so it was slippery.    Numbers were way down for us this year.   Only a dozen or so kids which included our 17 month old grand daughter.    She doesn't like candy, yet ;),  but sure chowed down on the pizza we made ;D.   We used to get kids coming from other parts of the city by car/van or what ever but that didn't happen this year ???.   Now, back to the garage to check my elk roast.

Tenpoint5

Took the kids to the MIL's house for a little trip up and down the street. TorT is tonight here.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Hopefull Romantic

I know it a dy too late but happy Halloween to all

Hady
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

ArnieM

We didn't have a single kid.  It was pretty warm too.  We had all of the outside lights on.  I just sat outside by the front door with a bucket of candy waiting for them, cleaning my handguns while I waited.   ;D ;D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.