• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

1st attempt

Started by rdav01, November 09, 2009, 10:20:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdav01

Just got my 6 rack digital today and after seasoning it..........these beauties were put in after being season overnight in anticipation of delivery today  :o

hope it turns out good

KyNola

First off welcome to the forum and secondly, HOLY COW! :o  What a maiden voyage for your smoker!  I'm sure it will be really good.  If you have any questions don't fail to holler!

KyNola

westexasmoker

Thats one heck of a nice load of meat!  Welcome to the forum rdav01!  Can't wait to hear/see the end results!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

squirtthecat

The look on the face of the critter in the top-left corner says it all..

Wowzers!

FLBentRider

Nice load rdav01 !

Give us a run down of what you have there.

I see ribs, maybe a chuck roast or two, is that a pork loin and some kind of pork on the bottom ?
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

rdav01

Quote from: FLBentRider on November 09, 2009, 12:17:11 PM
Nice load rdav01 !

Give us a run down of what you have there.

I see ribs, maybe a chuck roast or two, is that a pork loin and some kind of pork on the bottom ?

Got beef ribs on the top my wife wants to use them for soup....next i got couple steak's in there we figured we needed something for diner so what the heck since were loading it up  :) then i have some beef brisket not a very big piece and bottom is pork butt....

Question i notice some water them seems to be coming out the corner of the front door is that just form the bowl inside doing condensation? i have the vent at 1/4 open and temp around 200 deg

OU812

With all that meat in there I would think the water coming out your door is condensation and would suggest to open your vent to 3/4 open.

All that is going to be good.

rdav01

Quote from: OU812 on November 09, 2009, 01:25:37 PM
With all that meat in there I would think the water coming out your door is condensation and would suggest to open your vent to 3/4 open.

All that is going to be good.
Thanks......man I'm excited like a kid with a new toy cant wait to try it.......also is there any recommendation as far a turning the meat or moving it up and down in rack postion?

Hopefull Romantic

The most of us seasoned there Bradley empty. It seems that you are the saner of us all. First smoke with something tangable in.

Welcome to the forum and fun and as Ky said, dont fail to ask any question.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

KyNola

Yep, get that vent open.  You want that moisture to vent out of the tower.  If it stays inside it will hold your heat down, eventually drip on your food making it taste like creosote and may cause the smoke to back up into your generator, destroying it over time.

Open it at least half and with a load that big I would go 3/4 to wide open.

KyNola

BTW, we've all made that same mistake more than once.  No biggie. ;)

rdav01

Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on November 09, 2009, 01:49:00 PM
The most of us seasoned there Bradley empty. It seems that you are the saner of us all. First smoke with something tangable in.

Welcome to the forum and fun and as Ky said, dont fail to ask any question.

HR

Yeah i did season it empty first for 1hr 30m then loaded it up  :D

update on vent and yes you guys were correct as soon as i opened it futher the condensation stopped

OU812

Quote from: rdav01 on November 09, 2009, 02:31:51 PM

update on vent and yes you guys were correct as soon as i opened it futher the condensation stopped

Cool, glad you cot it before it started to drip on your food, believe me that black crap on your food ain't very good. I do most of my smokes with the vent fully open, only time I close it down to 1/4 is when doing sausage and thats only at the end of the cook.

rdav01

OK here is finished product  :D

was tired and didn't feel like shredding pork any futher  :(

everything gets better in time

classicrockgriller

rdav, you did good! If the end results taste good then it was a success. I admire you for that ambitious' 1st smoke.

Take a deep breathe, ........... go do it again!

You had so many things that cook at different times, I would have had a headache, but looks like you "got'er done"

The Bradley is an awesome smoker. Take the time to to know your Smoker, and it will bless you with great food.

Tenpoint5

Well done looks like some good eats
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!