2 SLABS OF SPARE RIBS

Started by CLAREGO, March 08, 2005, 03:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CLAREGO

whats the average smoke time for 2 racks of spare ribs ?????????

BigSmoker

My average is they are done when they are done.  J/K.  I did some St. Louis style this last weekend and the total cook was more than 10 hrs.  I did put them in kinda cold and set the temp at 215°f.  They really had a nice bark and the bones pulled out easy but not fall off the bone.  Normally I cook at a little higher temp 250° at about 6-7 hrs.  HTH and have fun.

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

CLAREGO

250 wont that dry the bad boys out ?

gotbbq

Clarego-

My usual cook time for 2 racks is 5-6 hrs starting with a preheated bs and room temp ribs.  Don't forget the mustard slather before you put on the rub.  Have fun[^][^][^]

gotbbq

BigSmoker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by CLAREGO</i>
<br />250 wont that dry the bad boys out ?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Never has with me but I can also say I only use the thermometer in my Bradley door for ribs.  It may be off I don't know.  When I cook Boston butts and Brisket I use a meat thermometer and the door thermometer.  I also put the smaller parts on the top rack and the bigger parts on the second rack.  I then invert a rack over the top rack with 5 slices of bacon.  I also rotate the racks(front to back only)every 2 hrs.

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

JJC

Hi Clarego,

I did my first batch (2 racks) a couple weeks ago at 240-250 on the Mav and they cooked for about 6 hrs.  Came out great--very tender[:p]!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

johnintx1

nsxbill

I opt for temps not exceeding 210, and go for slow.  Top rack always have bacon dripping down.  I change water at 4 hrs after the 4 hours of bisquettes and mop, then mop again about an hour before they  reach internal meat set point.  After cook, spray down with apple juice and into FTC for a couple of hours.

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.