CT Chops

Started by ArnieM, November 16, 2009, 05:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ka Honu

Quote from: squirtthecat on November 16, 2009, 06:10:46 PM
Quote from: ArnieM on November 16, 2009, 05:50:51 PM
I got it here: http://www.carolinatreet.com/sauces.asp?page=2

Dang, I can get a gallon of it shipped for $2 (shipping costs) more than the shipping costs on a single glass bottle..   SCORE!

You inspired me to email CT for a quote on shipping costs (for the half-gallon containers) to Hawaii and  the answer was "... the price of shipping one bottle will be $28.60. The price of shipping 2 bottles would be $48.35 and a case of 6 ... would be $89.35".  Guess I'll do without for a while longer.

squirtthecat

Quote from: Ka Honu on November 18, 2009, 08:12:19 AM

Dang, I can get a gallon of it shipped for $2 (shipping costs) more than the shipping costs on a single glass bottle..   SCORE!

You inspired me to email CT for a quote on shipping costs (for the half-gallon containers) to Hawaii and  the answer was "... the price of shipping one bottle will be $28.60. The price of shipping 2 bottles would be $48.35 and a case of 6 ... would be $89.35".  Guess I'll do without for a while longer.

Ka Hona, if I could stuff a couple 16oz bottles in a 'flat rate' USPS box and get away with it, I'd send you some..
I'm going to order by the gallon from now on.

Does anyone know if those flat rate boxes apply for HI as well?

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: squirtthecat on November 18, 2009, 08:37:54 AM
Quote from: Ka Honu on November 18, 2009, 08:12:19 AM

Ka Hona, if I could stuff a couple 16oz bottles in a 'flat rate' USPS box and get away with it, I'd send you some..
I'm going to order by the gallon from now on.

Does anyone know if those flat rate boxes apply for HI as well?

They list the flat rate boxes as "Anywhere in the United States"
HawkeyeSmokes

ArnieM

I checked on the flat rate boxes.  It looks like a large one would hold two 1/2 gallon bottles.  The shipping is 13.95 to any U.S destination.  They didn't mention "only the 48".

I think that my last order for two 1/2 gallon bottles came to $24 or a bit less, including shipping.  That means I could order some and send it to KH for roughly $38. 

Are you interested KH?
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Ka Honu

Thanks for the offer but I have some friends in Charleston threatening to come out here next month.  Guess what they'll be carrying in their checked baggage (At least they will if they ever want to see a palm tree and beach again).

Smokin Soon

I did some big fat chops in the Treager today, a little diff from my usual. Had one night in the fridge with Dizzy Pig rub wrapped in plastic, next night in Ziplok poked with the Jacarrd with Carolina Treet Cooking Sauce. Cooked at 300 degrees for about 40 minutes, finished at 225 until an IT of 160. Basted with a mix of Carolina Treet BBQ sauce and cheap Maple Syrup every 20 minutes or so. Very tasty and moist!

Kind of fun experimenting with basting and glazing stuff with the pellet pooper, cause nothing burns!

classicrockgriller

Awesome. Beautiful color!

The Traeger don't burn is right. Kinda crazy!

Tenpoint5

Them look DAMN good Smokin. YOU do realize that you WILL BURN the next thing you cook in that pellet pooper. Because you said "Nothing Burns" nothing like jinxing yourself
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

classicrockgriller

Chris, you CAN'T burn something. You can dry it out, but burn, I don't think so.

Tenpoint5

Never Say Never. They said you couldn't burn water I just read a post where somebody burned water set off a smoke alarm. It can happen!!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Quarlow

Wholly  smoke those look good. Makes me want to jump on a plane and head over for dinner. BNut I think it would be all gone before I could get there.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Quarlow on November 19, 2009, 09:44:33 PM
Wholly  smoke those look good. Makes me want to jump on a plane and head over for dinner. BNut I think it would be all gone before I could get there.

If they aren't.....they should be. Awesome chops.