scientific method (a.k.a "here...hold my beer")

Started by squirtthecat, November 19, 2009, 07:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hal4uk

More cards for all my friends!!!!

Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Smokin Soon

classicrockgriller

I was making my stuff for thre recent ICB and had made a delicious pear salsa. I cold smoked some chick thighs and then blackened them. they were delicious.

Only had the last thing to do and I had made these 7 or 8 times before, and that was to make puffy tacos from masa. I "tried" once no go.....hmmm
2nd time, same 3rd,4th,5th I quit. I still don't know what I was doing wrong, but I was so pissed that I took the bag of masa and ran out the front door screaming
and ran to the first tree I could find and beat the crap out of that tree with that bag of masa. It exploded and covered me from head to toe.

Had to strip my clothes off, take a shower and clean up my mess in the kitchen. I got drunk that nite.

KyNola

STC, That's it?  That's all you got?  A bunch of containers with numbers on them and cars in a driveway and a bunch of dirty dishes?

WTS, would you PUHLEEZE post your little mishap pics again?

Sorry Pat, the new consumer privacy disclosure regs prevent me from posting my medical records.

KyNola

hal4uk

Yeah... STC...  Don't you have any pics of the Macoupin County Soy Bean Princess???

(Note:  Cooking Summits should be scheduled on any day that ain't called "Irish Days")
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

KyNola

CRG,
I hope you understand my response was directed at STC and not you.  You jumped in there before I could hit the "send" key.

Your reaction to the masa flour was so very similar to mine one afternoon when my gas powered weed whacker wouldn't start.  After pulling the starter rope about 2000 times, I very calmy stood up, grabbed the whacker by the spool end, raised it over my head, swung it around my head about 3 times and launched it as far as I could.  Jan said "so now what are you going to do?"  My response was "open a beer and then go get another weed whacker".  Life's too short and it felt SOOOOOO good.

KyNola  

hal4uk

KyNola...

No wonder they don't golf across the street from you anymore  ;-)
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

classicrockgriller

I was hammering something and hit my finger, threw the hammer down and it bounced back and hit me in the man hood.....well my finger didn't hurt at all.

KyNola

I'm thinking CRG and I may be in a tie for first place.  Break 2 ribs, crack 2 ribs and poke a hole in your lung may not trump a hammer to the boys.  I'm saying CRG and I are both holding royal flushes in this card game.

Anyone else?

KyNola

classicrockgriller

KevinG

Burnt water, don't think it can't happen to you.

OK, I was going to cook up some canned veggies for dinner. I opened the can and drained the liquid in the pot, turned on the stove and went out front to pick up the paper. I decided to start watering some plants, completely forgot I was cooking. Noticed a funny smell, went inside only to find a smoke filled house. Smoke alarm started yelling, went to the stove only to find a completely empty and black pot, blacked stove top, black tray, black crap underneath the tray. Amazing what a mess some stupid water can do!
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

classicrockgriller

Quote from: KevinG on November 19, 2009, 08:49:42 PM
Burnt water, don't think it can't happen to you.

OK, I was going to cook up some canned veggies for dinner. I opened the can and drained the liquid in the pot, turned on the stove and went out front to pick up the paper. I decided to start watering some plants, completely forgot I was cooking. Noticed a funny smell, went inside only to find a smoke filled house. Smoke alarm started yelling, went to the stove only to find a completely empty and black pot, blacked stove top, black tray, black crap underneath the tray. Amazing what a mess some stupid water can do!

Only in America! ROFL

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

KyNola

No firetruck?  No royal flush. :D  Forgot to mention the unfortunate night that JAN was frying french fries on the stove.  Firetrucks came that night.

Good one though!  I'm thinking you're holding a really good hand....4 of a kind. :) ;)

KyNola

classicrockgriller