• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Iron Chef V???

Started by Tenpoint5, November 26, 2009, 06:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArnieM

Regretfully, I can't compete.  Fairly small bird this year, about 15 pounds, so I could stuff it into the BE.  Six people TG day, more scavengers today (Can I take some home?) including fighting off the cats.  Not much left.  But, that's a good thing. 

I'll eagerly await the results.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

squirtthecat

Quote from: Caribou on November 27, 2009, 04:23:54 PM
I'm going to vote for 2 weeks.
Carolyn

Let's go for the 2 weeks to allow others to catch up from the holidays and participate. 

So far, it's just me, Deb and Thibodeaux  ;).

Tenpoint5

TWO WEEKS IT IS.

Which is good I might have time to thaw a bird out and actually cook it. Since we didn't cook anything this year. Depends on how the deer hunting goes this weekedn I might be busy doing other things.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Tenpoint5

Did anyone actually do this?? And do I have to post a turn in thread?

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

classicrockgriller

Chris, I didn't as I had no left over Turkey.

squirtthecat

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on December 06, 2009, 03:14:20 PM
Did anyone actually do this?? And do I have to post a turn in thread?

I believe the Ragin Cajun (Ron) and myself completed our entries last weekend..

Hopefull Romantic

Chris

I wish I could participate but my recent travel schedule had me negate on a promise to do the turkey on TG day for my American friends here. I guess I will have to catch the ICB the next time around.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

classicrockgriller

When would be the turn in date?

Caribou

Quote from: classicrockgriller on December 06, 2009, 03:42:30 PM
When would be the turn in date?

I am planning on competing but I am a little confused.  Was it starting in two weeks (from the 11/27) or was the deadline in two weeks from 10.5's post?
I think if there is less than 5 interested maybe we should postpone and start a new one after the holidays.
Maybe we should have an informal poll on this thread to see who is willing post an entry.
I'm in,
Carolyn

classicrockgriller

Carolyn, I think you would make four. All I brought home was bones and got a 1/2 gal of stock and enough Turkey to make Turkey and noodles.

Caribou

Quote from: classicrockgriller on December 06, 2009, 04:24:05 PM
Carolyn, I think you would make four. All I brought home was bones and got a 1/2 gal of stock and enough Turkey to make Turkey and noodles.
You should have taken pics  :D
I held off until my house guests left and actually started my entry today.  If this ICB gets scrapped I post what I did anyways
Carolyn

Tenpoint5

Turnin would have been this coming friday. But I think we should srcap this until  the new year but If you want me to do a turn ing thread I will My turkey's are still in a deep freeze state.

KyNola

Jan made smoked turkey and dumplings from the turkey breasts left from Thanksgiving.  KILLER!

KyNola

Caribou

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on December 06, 2009, 07:36:18 PM
Turnin would have been this coming friday. But I think we should srcap this until  the new year but If you want me to do a turn ing thread I will My turkey's are still in a deep freeze state.
I'm fine with that.  :)
I think folks feel a bit sapped on energy when dealing with the holidays.
It's hard to focus on a creative project when you're wondering how you're going to pay for everything  :-\
Carolyn

squirtthecat

Quote from: Caribou on December 06, 2009, 05:01:51 PM
You should have taken pics  :D
I held off until my house guests left and actually started my entry today.  If this ICB gets scrapped I post what I did anyways
Carolyn

I'll post mine if you want to post what you've done.  I think Ron did one as well.

It's nothing special...  But I did spend some time putting it together.