• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Manxman is the Man!

Started by classicrockgriller, December 01, 2009, 09:41:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

I had posted that I was looking to Buy, beg for, Borrow a drawing, or yes even steal an adaptor plate that come with the cold smoker.

Manxman contacted me and sent me his from the Isle of Man.

He told me How much this forum has helped him with his "hot smoking" and he wanted to help somebody in return.

Well I appreciate This GREAT jesture of kindness and want to say.... Thank you Manxman!

OU812

KyNola

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

NePaSmoKer

Thats why i like it here. We are all like family. WTG Manx.

nepas

Habanero Smoker

Manxman;

That is extremely kind and generous of you.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Oldman

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

manxman

I bought my OBS 5 years ago this month mainly for cold smoking fish and making bacon and stumbled across this forum a short time afterwards.

Not only have I learnt a massive amount but have been shown nothing but friendship and kindness, from Chez Bubba (there's a blast from the past!) organising Bubba Pucks and a Maverick ET73 for me as they are not available in the UK, through winning a couple of Oldman's contests to bartering with Iceman for some of his legendary sauce!  ;) :D

Just look at the work Olds and Habs have put into the recipe sight on our behalf, that speaks volumes.

This forum has grown out of all recognition from those early days but in spite of the vast increase in membership it has remained a great place to be ...... as NPS says.

So on the 5th anniversary of being a member of this forum I would like to say a BIG thank you to members past and present for making it a great place to be...... I do not contribute to any other forums as how could you possibly beat this place!

Glad I could be of help crg, you are more than welcome.  :)
Manxman

KevinG

Quote from: manxman on December 02, 2009, 10:58:23 AM
I bought my OBS 5 years ago this month mainly for cold smoking fish and making bacon and stumbled across this forum a short time afterwards.

Not only have I learnt a massive amount but have been shown nothing but friendship and kindness, from Chez Bubba (there's a blast from the past!) organising Bubba Pucks and a Maverick ET73 for me as they are not available in the UK, through winning a couple of Oldman's contests to bartering with Iceman for some of his legendary sauce!  ;) :D

Just look at the work Olds and Habs have put into the recipe sight on our behalf, that speaks volumes.

This forum has grown out of all recognition from those early days but in spite of the vast increase in membership it has remained a great place to be ...... as NPS says.

So on the 5th anniversary of being a member of this forum I would like to say a BIG thank you to members past and present for making it a great place to be...... I do not contribute to any other forums as how could you possibly beat this place!

Glad I could be of help crg, you are more than welcome.  :)
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

classicrockgriller

Manxman, this forum is a better place for you being a part of it.

Thanks again.

Hopefull Romantic

Manxman, you brought tears to my my eyes with your kind words.

Hady
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

classicrockgriller

Manxman, I have read hundreds of the older post and what a great time you guys had. You guys made it so much easier for Us now.

One more time and the last time....... Thanks!

Oldman

Maxman,

In the early years there were 15 if us who stood side by side. I want members here to know that you were a large part of that movement. We are the originators of the recipe site. What members today don't know about those years is the very limited posting board we had (that only worked at times) and its extremely limited data base. 

In those days it was nothing to post a recipe only have it dumped within a couple of weeks due to lack of storage. This loss of recipes was the catalysis that drove us to create the recipe site. Never again would a member's recipe be dumped.

Today we have a good posting board and it seems a large D-base.  However, none of this happened until the 15 of us decided to create a new set of posting boards on the recipe site. We were within 1 day of leaving this site and moving the brains to the recipe site.  I don't know if it was timing or someone dropped a dime on on us to Bradley.

Nevertheless, I'm personally glad we did not make that move. After being Admin for a gaming site for a number of years I did not want to oversee another set of posting boards.

Today Bryan is doing a good job of moderation.  However, I want members here today to know that it took 15 of us to make this happen.

As Chez said many times on the phone... Bradley was totally against this site in the beginning.

This is why I have always contended that these boards and the recipe site belong to the members. Thank you Manxman for your support, efforts and continuing caring about this membership.
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

classicrockgriller

Olds, What do you consider to be the starting date of the forum?

You mentioned 15 members ( I recall most) but if you don't mind would you publish their names.

I know you have been told several times, but can we say it enough. Thanks for the recipe site,

and for you have done to make this a great forum.

Quarlow

Let's call them the "Fantastic 15" cause this site rules all other sites I have ever been to. You don't get the organization like you do here. Thank you the the orginal 15 for what we have today, you guys rock.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.