Goya "MOJO CRIOLLO" marinade ..... anyone tried it?

Started by classicrockgriller, December 04, 2009, 06:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

classicrockgriller

He marinades in the juice first and later add the spices

Quarlow

I'm actually thinking I should do some chops tomorrow with this stuff and after marinading lay some of the chuncky bits on while cooking. Maybe a little orange honey reduction glaze for basting.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

classicrockgriller

Tenpoint5

OK I hate to be the one to cry FOUL and blow the whistle. BUT After using the marinade as a marinade it will be CONTAMINATED with bacteria from the meat that you marinaded. I would not suggest using it as a sauce or anything else. If you wish to use it as a reduction or glaze of whatever I suggest making extra and dividing the batch. Some for marinade and some for Other uses.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Quarlow

Oh most definitely. This made enough for probably 3 marinades. Thanks ten.5 I would never think of using the contaminated brine.

OBS
BBQ

classicrockgriller

Did the hall monitor catch us? ;D ;D

I too know not to use contam marinade as a "dippin sauce" but it can be use prior to cooking your product.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: classicrockgriller on December 05, 2009, 07:45:49 PM

I too know not to use contam marinade as a "dippin sauce" but it can be use prior to cooking your product.

Yes and your name has been noted and you will be sent to detention since the Principal is wondering the halls as well!!!

I know most of us know not to reuse a marinade but a little reminder never hurts and it might help someone that might have been confused.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

classicrockgriller

I totally understand am on your side, we want no one hurt!

Quarlow

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on December 05, 2009, 07:50:51 PM
Quote from: classicrockgriller on December 05, 2009, 07:45:49 PM

Yes and your name has been noted and you will be sent to detention since the Principal is wondering the halls as well!!!

I know most of us know not to reuse a marinade but a little reminder never hurts and it might help someone that might have been confused.
This has been a public service announcement brought to you by He who loves all, Ten.5

OBS
BBQ

classicrockgriller

Quarlow

Yeah I will. At first I was thinking chicken and then I decided to go with the loin chops. I think they will glaze up nice. If that works well then I'll try the chicken.

OBS
BBQ

classicrockgriller

before we got caught by the "hall monitor" i ask if you had a marinader?

Quarlow

I got the vac canister with the foodsaver 1050 from my dad's girl but it is not very big.

OBS
BBQ

Quarlow

actually it is 4" deep and 6" across so I could probably get 4 loin chops in it.

OBS
BBQ