Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

Deb, that is way kewl.

Same aging time?

deb415611

Quote from: classicrockgriller on January 09, 2010, 05:32:32 PM
Deb, that is way kewl.

Same aging time?

1 to 4 months on that one.  We'll probably cut it open at 1 and taste it & then bag it back up.

seemore

Pretty amazing, Deb! 
When Scott and I were at the store today, we saw some chocolate cheese. 
Have you ever heard of that?  I was curious, but not enough to buy any.
Keep the Cheese Chronicles coming!  I'm with CRG:  way KEWL!
Mrs Seemore

deb415611

Caribou & CRG,

it's not pretty but..........

June,
I have heard of it but never had it.  I have been reading alot of posts on a cheese forum and it's been discussed lately.  I can get some really good chocolate milk from a local farm & have thought about trying some chocolate cream cheese or mascarpone.  I figure it would make a really good dessert base.

Caribou

Wow chocolate cheese...that's gotta be good  ;D
One cheese I just love that reminds me of a dessert is blueberry stilton....I love that stuff.
Carolyn

Habanero Smoker

It all looks amazing. As soon as I try a few more sausages, I'm going to start making cheese.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

deb415611

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on January 10, 2010, 01:57:31 AM
It all looks amazing. As soon as I try a few more sausages, I'm going to start making cheese.

as soon as I make a couple more cheeses I'm going to try making some sausages ;D :D  (dry cured that is)

Caribou

Deb,
can you use that little frig for your dry cured sausage?
Carolyn

deb415611

maybe,  I have to play around with the humidity & see if it will work.  I think Habs had tried with a small one and wasn't able to control it enough.  Problem with the small fridge is there isn't much space for humidifier/heater etc.

Caneyscud

Danged, Deb,  I'm not liking you right now!   ;D ;D  I have purposefully NOT looked at this link.  I don't need another hobby, I don't need another hobby, I don't need another hobby.  Then I peeked and dang it I guess I will have to dig out the old cheesemaking kit that I never got around to using!  Now to see if I can abscond with my daughters old dorm frig!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

deb415611

Quote from: Caneyscud on January 11, 2010, 07:06:32 AM
Danged, Deb,  I'm not liking you right now!   ;D ;D  I have purposefully NOT looked at this link.  I don't need another hobby, I don't need another hobby, I don't need another hobby. 

;D ;D ;D I said those exact words ;D

Caribou

Hi Guys!
I made some mozzarella and it's all Deb's fault!  ;):D :D :D
I put a pictorial on my blog and I'm too lazy to cut and paste it here.
So, here's the link:
http://caribou-ificandoitmyself.blogspot.com/2010/02/easy-cheesy-lets-make-some-mozzarella.html
Carolyn

classicrockgriller

Nice Cheese!

Was that hand pressed?

Wassup with the Green eggs?

Tenpoint5

Very Nice Carolyn and Emma!! Well done
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

deb415611

Very cool Carolyn!  Homemade mozzarella rocks! 

Did you use lipase powder in it? 

I had a grilled cheese sandwich yesterday for lunch WITH my cheddar ;D  I think the pepperjack can be cut this weekend  :)