No More Caulking Gun GB Jerky

Started by NePaSmoKer, December 24, 2009, 02:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirtthecat

That is really cool...   Great idea.

HawkeyeSmokes

Sure looks a lot easier than the caulking gun! Had one of those and gave it away.
HawkeyeSmokes

pensrock

I like that but was wondering how long the wax paper would last. Looks like a 'Mr. Bill' in the last photo.
Oh Nooooo not the dehydrator.

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

NePaSmoKer

Finally got around to posting the GB jerky.

These are the flat and case less sticks.

In the bag, now fridge.

nepas

iceman

Great post Nepa. That seems to be a must have gadget for this house. Thanks for taking the time and posting the pictures for all of us to enjoy.  :)

Waltz

Hi,
Where did the stuffer attachment come from?
I am a new member on this forum based in Scotland, fairly new to smoking. I have been making my own sausages and curing meat and fish for a while but never tried jerky and never seen this technique before.  I have a stuffer similar to the one you show in your photograph and the jerky looks great and I would like to give it a try.  Perhaps the attachment is only available on your side of the pond, this sort of home processing seems to be a dieing art over here.

Waltz

I read your original post again and see the link to the supplier.  Please ignore my last post.  I need to pay more attention :-\

Yooper Jim

NEPA
Based on your review, I just ordered the "All-Around Jerky Maker".  Hope it fits a grizzle #5 stuffer.

Have you folks seen this guy's jerky gun technique on YouTube?  Skip to about 3:30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq-u8rEpf2g

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Yooper Jim on January 12, 2010, 05:34:36 PM
NEPA
Based on your review, I just ordered the "All-Around Jerky Maker".  Hope it fits a grizzle #5 stuffer.

Have you folks seen this guy's jerky gun technique on YouTube?  Skip to about 3:30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq-u8rEpf2g

Thats different.

I dont think i would be using a boat motor in a non-stick coated pan though  :P

Yooper Jim

What would the boat motor do to the consistency of the meat.  I've never tried anything but my hands for mixing.  Is it better to grind the meat that fine for GM jerky?
Thanks

Waltz

Just to let you know. After seeing this attachment on here and based on the good reviews I ordered one of these from Elk Mountain ten days ago and it arrived today.  Not bad for processing the order and shipping to the UK from Idaho I think.  They sent me an e-mail asking how I would like it sent, postage was fairly high but that is how it is.  I am inpressed by the service and the product.  Just waiting on some cure #1 arriving and I will be in production.

Waltz.

Roadking

Rick that's a nice attachment, jerky looks good. Are you cutting the paper to length and reusing it as you load the drying racks? (to save on paper)

lophole

I buy regular wax paper and cut the roll into the right length pieces.
lophole

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Roadking on January 14, 2010, 09:15:27 AM
Rick that's a nice attachment, jerky looks good. Are you cutting the paper to length and reusing it as you load the drying racks? (to save on paper)

Yes thats what i did. I used the same length for the whole batch. I think the roll needs to be larger.