Pulled Ham

Started by Tenpoint5, December 27, 2009, 05:29:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

I saw this on another forum. Might just have to give this one a try in the Bradley!! What do you guys think?
Pulled Ham
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

squirtthecat

That sounds really good!

deb415611

seemore

chris. I have done that is was great.I posted it here
seemore

Tenpoint5

Quote from: seemore on December 27, 2009, 08:49:59 AM
chris. I have done that is was great.I posted it here
seemore
My bad then I don't remember it.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Smokin Soon

I like to throw in an extra butt with a recipe like that with more of a "Tasso" twang to it. Pull it, vac-seal and freeze for beans, Gumbo, omelette's or anything. I don't like a good "bark" on this type of cook, so I use a paste of the seasoning mix with some peanut oil throughout the cook. Fits in with my new "Eats on the Cheap" program very well! Worth a try.

Tenpoint5

Yep I am a day late and about $50 short. Here is the original post about this here on the forum.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=9524.0

squirtthecat

That looks like a really cool idea...   I wonder if you could skip the 'every 20 minute baste' during the butt's stall period?  Sounds like it would take 20+ hours to finish!  (and let a lot of heat out)  Maybe baste from 140 to 150, then wait until 170+ to start the baste again.

Tenpoint5

That sounds like a good plan to just hold off while the magic is happening.