Brunswick stew

Started by bflosmoke, January 02, 2010, 12:26:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bflosmoke

I was wondering if anyone has a recipe for brunswick stew? I didnt see it on the recipe site

KevinG

Can't say I've ever heard of it. Sounds like something you'd see in a bowling alley.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Ka Honu

Try About.com's Southern Food section (here) for several variations.  You might also Google "Chowning's Brunswick Stew" for the version served in Colonial Williamsburg.

squirtthecat

I had some in Williamsburg, Virginia last week (at a Memphis BBQ chain restaurant).  It was really good.

They billed it as a corn/potato/onion chowder in a spicy tomato base with pulled pork & chopped brisket added.

Looked like this:

(that is a pulled pork stuffed baked potato behind it - called an "Idaho Pig" - it was also very good)

hal4uk

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Tenpoint5

No kiddin the heck with that bowl of mater soup tell me about that thar tater!! Now that Looks GOOD!!!!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

squirtthecat

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on January 02, 2010, 10:47:26 PM
No kiddin the heck with that bowl of mater soup tell me about that thar tater!! Now that Looks GOOD!!!!!

I believe it was a 'twice baked' potato, with pulled pork/cheese/green onions mixed in before it was 'stuffed' and baked again.

It was good!

squirtthecat

Bottom of page 2:

http://www.redhotandblue.com/michigan/sterling-heights/menu.pdf

If you are on a restricted diet  - skip this one.  It weighs in at 1000+ calories, 40g fat, 2300g sodium, etc.

http://redhotandblue.com/nutritional/nutritional.htm

(anyway, it was gooooooooodd..)

deb415611

Wow Squirt - that is an evil menu......never thought of putting a cheeseburger,pulled pork, onion rings & bbq sauce together :o  I'd hate to look at the nutritional info on that one ;D   

FLBentRider

We _used_ to have a Red, Hot and Blue.

:( :(
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!