Cheese time in FL

Started by FLBentRider, January 05, 2010, 05:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pensrock

Looks good FLBR. Notice how much color the bottom rack got? Thats cause it was much warmer than the other racks, IMHO. That is also why if its cold out I run the heat with my PID set to 85-90 degrees. It seems to me, that the cheese takes on more color if it is between 85-90.

ArnieM

I'm going to get some cheese going today or tomorrow.  It has warmed up with forecast highs of 31 and 32 F, respectively.  After tomorrow, it gets COLD again.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

OU812

Quote from: FLBentRider on January 06, 2010, 03:29:25 AM
Done:

The bottom rack melted a little, but I think it is ok:

When you get to eating some of that good stuff you should do a side by side taste test on the flavor from the top rack which is lighter to the bottom rack which is darker to see if the smoke is any stronger between the two. I try to keep my cabnet around 85 F and the smoke flavor seems better but thats just me. Kinda why I was suggesting a side by side test, to see if it is just me.

Oh Ya

Hows the weather down there? Were havin fun up here. ::)

FLBentRider

I think the weather is great.

Some of my friends and coworkers seem to think "not so much"

Although cycling in 33F is not my idea of ideal.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

OU812

Quote from: FLBentRider on January 06, 2010, 12:49:21 PM
I think the weather is great.

Some of my friends and coworkers seem to think "not so much"

Although cycling in 33F is not my idea of ideal.

Now what were those tree huggers sayin about global warming?

La Quinta

I think they were talkin about where I live...if it hits 76 again tomorrow...I'm moving to Alaska/PA/CO/NJ...this sucks...my girlfriend's sister in New Jersey had 29 inches of snow at Christmas...it was 67 here... ??? I WANT COLD WEATHER...DAMN IT...  ??? I  WANT TO SMOKE CHEESE AND SALMON... it's my God given right!!! 

Tenpoint5

Quote from: La Quinta on January 12, 2010, 10:05:18 PM
I think they were talkin about where I live...if it hits 76 again tomorrow...I'm moving to Alaska/PA/CO/NJ...this sucks...my girlfriend's sister in New Jersey had 29 inches of snow at Christmas...it was 67 here... ??? I WANT COLD WEATHER...DAMN IT...  ??? I  WANT TO SMOKE CHEESE AND SALMON... it's my God given right!!! 
LQ, you need to come visit the Midwest just for a week or so. You won't mind 76* very much after your visit heat wave right now 17* finally warming up some.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

FLBentRider

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on January 13, 2010, 03:23:46 AM
Quote from: La Quinta on January 12, 2010, 10:05:18 PM
LQ, you need to come visit the Midwest just for a week or so. You won't mind 76* very much after your visit heat wave right now 17* finally warming up some.

For you and I LQ, cold is a nice place to VISIT.

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

NePaSmoKer

Now i say

WHY DONT SHE WRITE?  (LQ)

classicrockgriller

FBR, that 3 alarm cheese looks too good to be true!

I don't know if it would have made the smokin area if I had it much less

having to wait to eat it. That is some pretty cheese.

I followed the weather when it hit your area, and they said it was so cold it was causing

iguana's to fall out of trees in a suspended state.

squirtthecat

I saw that exact same cheese at our local Sam's Club last week...  Let us know how it turns out!

FLBentRider

It's hot, and a little inconsistent, as I have found with other "hot" cheeses, particularly Boars head horseradish cheddar.

One bite is "where's the heat?"

The next bite is "whoah!"

I'll unwrap the smoked version on 1/17

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

squirtthecat

QuoteIt's hot, and a little inconsistent, as I have found with other "hot" cheeses, particularly Boars head horseradish cheddar.

One bite is "where's the heat?"

The next bite is "whoah!"

An unwritten office tradition here is to bring 2 dozen donuts on your birthday... (mine is coming up next month)

While talking about the Traeger/Bradley, I was informed point blank during group lunch the other day:  "We don't want any d@mn donuts".

I'm thinking I'll smoke a load of cheese (including that same hot one) and do meatballs/moinks, and a few pounds of quickie 'Italian' salami...

Quarlow

That sounds kind of backwards to me. It is your birthday so they should be bringing stuff for you. ;D ;D
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.