e-mails

Started by Harpo, March 29, 2005, 08:56:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harpo

Hello I recently came back from conn. I am unable to get any new posts that show up, anyone ever have this problem, please advise.
Harpo

Habanero Smoker

Harpo,

Are you referring to e-mails from subscribing to a topic, or new posts showing up on the forum?

If you are referring to the forum, check to make sure that you are logged in. Usually I get logged on automatically, occasionally (for some reason - probably an over zealous anti-spy program) I have to do it manually.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Oldman

Harpo,
A few days back and everything on my end went nuts while I was posting. After that all E-mail notices of someone posting to a thread that had I subscribed to stopped. Since then as I come across these postings I have found them un-subscribed. [?]

Next, I've noted that if you are reading a thread and by accident close out the site when you come back this board treats all un-read posting by you as read.

At times I will have two browsers open on this forum for reference when answering a question. Sometime when I close out the second one the first one will again mark all of my un-read as if I had read them. If I close out the first one first then they are alway marked as if I read everything.

A few time when this has happened I'm auto-logged out. And have one heck of a time logging back on until I clear out all Internet Temp files and Temp cookies.

Olds

http://rminor.com

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Habanero Smoker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Oldman</i>
<br />
Next, I've noted that if you are reading a thread and by accident close out the site when you come back this board treats all un-read posting by you as read.

Olds

http://rminor.com
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Something similiar to this also happens if you are typing a long reply. At times when I have a long response and go back to the forum after the message is posted, all messages in all threads become marked as un-read.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)