Smoking in Alaska

Started by Whatchasmokin, January 13, 2010, 11:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarlow

Yeah there is nothing to complain about that butt. Very nice.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

MPTubbs

Some damn good looking meat!

Nice job Whatchasmokin!
If your so cool....where's your Tattoo.

squirtthecat

One bit of advice from seeing your pics...    When you are done, clean where the door seal is in contact with the OBS. (maybe a bit of rubbing alcohol, etc.)   Otherwise the seal might start to stick, and possibly tear.

(been there, done that)

Nice looking butts!

I"m going to go CRG's route, and apply at least 6 hours of smoke next time I do a butt in the Bradley.

KyNola

Looking good.  Welcome aboard.

KyNola

smokeNcanuck

Whatchasmokin , Welcome home! :D
As a newbie my self I can't offer much info but can give ya all the support you need.
That is some really really good look'N butt.  I have only done one brisket as of yet (got OBS for Christmas), with some ribs on the menu for this weekend.  Keep up the great smoke'N and great pics.  I will post some of my firs attempt at the ribs, Sat or Sunday.
Either Way....I'm Smoke'N It

Tenpoint5

The smoke will go a little faster if you quit peeking in there!! If your looking you ain't cooking!! Takes a while to get everything all warmed back up at those temps.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Whatchasmokin

Butts came out this morning that 7:00 with an IT of about 198. They are now FTC'ed and will stay that way til I come home for lunch today at noon. They smell insane and look great.

Thanks again to everyone for the advice and nice comments. Squirt...I will hit those seals. I thought it was all part of the "seasoning". 10.5....If you read my first post, you saw that I couldn't even wait until Christmas to open my Bradley. I guess I am the same way with the meat.  ;D

Here is a pic just before FTC

Thanks again wise grasshoppers.

Jay
The time to hesitate is through............James Douglas Morrison

aces-n-eights

Welcome to the fun, Jay!  I'm a fellow Alaskan down here in Soldotna.  We're actually "outside" for a few weeks to break up the winter and i'm definitely looking forward to getting back to my Bradley!

Looks like you got it going on with those butts - very nice!  I can almost smell them from here!
US Army, retired, x2
Soldotna Alaska
"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Psalm 109:8

classicrockgriller

That butt bone on the left looks like it ready to pop out!

Nice, nice, nice Butts.

Love the bark!

Quarlow

Mmmmmm poooork buuuuutt Those look great. Glad they worked out for you.
I think the guys and girls are using some rubbing alcohol to clean the gasket. Correct me if I'm wrong folks. I have just used soapy water and a clothe but it doesn't work all that well.

Hey Aces-n-Eights what do you mean you're outside for a few weeks. Are you doing some winter camping or something?
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum Whatchasmokin!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Whatchasmokin

Thanks again for the warm welcome, suggestions, opinions and encouragement. I am thinking that I will have some happy folks on Friday for the party.

Quarlow...."outside" is a reference to the the "Lower 48". That is what a lot of Alaskans call it.

Looking forward to sharing in the future.

Quarlow

Ahh, I have been enlighten. Thanks Whatcha.

OBS
BBQ

Whatchasmokin

I do have a question for anyone that might be willing to answer it. After it is FTCed, Should I leave it whole or shred it immediately? It won't be served until Friday evening. Also, what is the best reheat method? Any good sauce recipes would also be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jay

Quarlow

I'm going to let the guru's answer that one.

OBS
BBQ