Auber Dual Probe and 19lbs of Butts

Started by classicrockgriller, January 17, 2010, 04:55:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

I did a little playin with the Auber Dual Probe last nite and wasn't going
to start these Butts until sometime on Sunday but I couldn't wait.

One was 10 1/2lbs and the other was 8 1/2lbs.

I set the pre-heat step to 250* for one hr.

The cooking step was set for 220* until the butt reached an IT of 195*

Once the IT is reached the Auber will cause Gabi to drop down to 150* for two hrs before shutting off.

Once again after 12 to 13 minutes of pre-heat Gabi had reached the targeted pre-heat temp of 250*

The butts went into the Bradley at 11:00 last nite and they got 5 hrs of mesquite smoke.
After the hr of pre-heat the cabinet temp was 180* with the two butts in it.

Pics @ 2:00 am

At 6:00 am the IT was 131*

Tenpoint5

I see two probes in the bottom Butt. Is one of them the maverick to dbl check temps, or is there another reason for two probes?
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

watchdog56

Did you stay up all night watching these? Pictures at 2;00 and 6:00? Must not have gotten much sleep.

Hoss

Sleep is for sissies.

CRG is a MACHINE!!
Life is not like a box of chocolates.  It's more like a jar of jalapenos - What you do Today might really burn your ass tomorrow.

HawkeyeSmokes

Your having way to much fun for one man CRG!

Invite all the forum members over and share it with them!  ;D
HawkeyeSmokes

squirtthecat

I'm thinking he is using his Maverick to remotely snoop what the Auber is seeing..

classicrockgriller

I had a conversation with toker and he told some of the members are placing

thier maverick probes close to the auber probes.

They remotely monitor the maverick knowing that it might be within 1 to 2 degrees of the Auber.

classicrockgriller

12 hrs into the smoke.

The auber has been running 217 to 222, so I might need to autotune it after this smoke.

Toker

hal4uk

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Toker

If you want to and if your butts are not completly cooked yet, you could do the autotune at the same time some members said just do it within 10 degres of your set IT.  Or even now if you want to.

classicrockgriller

Thanks hal and toker.

I had been wanting an Auber for a while, but had no problems with the digital making good BBQ.

Now if I can find a way to get a remote signal strong enough to reach me at the little salon down the road

Things will be almost perfect.

Toker

What you are looking for is called a procom 4 with a power raptor but it cost almost 700$usD

classicrockgriller

Quote from: toker on January 17, 2010, 11:02:50 AM
What you are looking for is called a procom 4 with a power raptor but it cost almost 700$usD

Well that won't work not for $700.

This little Bradley smoker is already getting expensive enough.

Quote from: toker on January 17, 2010, 10:52:27 AM
If you want to and if your butts are not completly cooked yet, you could do the autotune at the same time some members said just do it within 10 degres of your set IT.  Or even now if you want to.

Just follow thw manual instructions?

Toker

yes. or included in our conversation of 2 days ago.