Bubble Pizza

Started by Tenpoint5, January 18, 2010, 09:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Not this time, this came out of a bag. Next week there will be some smoked cheese around my house.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

Lookin back at the recipe you stated "2.5 oz jar Spaghetti Sauce"

Is that correct or should it read 25 oz ?

Gonna give this to the girls and let them go with it.

Whatchasmokin

Looks great! Neat idea that I will have to try.  ;D ;D
The time to hesitate is through............James Douglas Morrison

Tenpoint5

Quote from: OU812 on April 16, 2010, 10:48:06 AM
Lookin back at the recipe you stated "2.5 oz jar Spaghetti Sauce"

Is that correct or should it read 25 oz ?

Gonna give this to the girls and let them go with it.
It should read 25oz although I do use the 26oz cans as well
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

jiggerjams

Thanks Chris. My family is going to be all over this one. Nice to add another for the kids to get involved in.

JJ

spinfreak

Haven't been on here for ages (please forgive me for my sins  ;)) until the other day, and came across this recipe. Gave it a try last night, and it's a hit! I used Prego for the sauce (I feel it;s the best jarred sauce out there), and for toppings I used pepperoni, chopped garlic, chopped onions, and fresh mushrooms.

Now I'm from NJ originally, but have been in FL for about 8 years now. The NJ/NY area has the best pizza I've ever had (and many would agree), but I've been pressed to find good pizza down here in FL. Some decent stuff, but even the best down here doesn't even come close to the lowest grade pizza you can find back up North. Well, except for missing a crispy crust, this recipe comes pretty dang close. 2 thumbs up for sure  ;D

classicrockgriller

Well spinfreak, Welcome back Home!

BuyLowSellHigh

Being a newcomer, I had never seen this one.  This looks good !

Reading through the thread I saw the breakfast idea.  The whole thing reminds me a bit of a thing called a "strata", aka quick quiche.  I do these on weekends for breakfast regularly.  I am sure many of you have had them as "breakfast casserole".  I am thinking the breakfast version using the biscuit dough as done here would be so much better.  Doing the quick quiche thing the idea would be use breakfast sausage and/or bacon as the meat, cheeses of choice, and an egg/milk custard mix instead of the sauce (ratio - 3 eggs to 1 1/2 cups whole milk or half 'n half).

An alternative (and CRG might get on this one) would be to use a thin cream gravy as the sauce (needs to be a sauce at room temp) and breakfast sausage as the meat - all at once you have biscuits with sausage gravy AND CHEESE!.

Then there's CRG's desert version - cinnamon roll dough, caramel sauce, apple chunks, pecans and then some lightly sweetened cream cheese (like mascarpone) on top ?
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

wischermit

Definetly gonna try this.. sounds yummy!! In reference to the breakfast version.. don't forget to add some thawed, shredded hashbrowns on top of the biscuits.. A lady I know does the biscuits, a bit of margarine spread on top, then the hashbrowns, eggs,ham,sausage & cheeses..

thehead

Tried this over the past weekend.

Amazing stuff!

Used cubed salami, mushrooms, jalapenos, red/orange pepper, onions, garlic and pineapple.

No pics because it disappeared fast!

Also made a dessert version of this last night.

Basically:

Chopped Pillsbury Grands sprinkled with Brown Sugar and Cinammon
Apple Pie Filling on top
Streusel mix on top of that
Into the oven for 30 mins at 400

Yumm!

We've also got some modified versions we're thinking of trying in the future:

Alfredo sauce instead of spaghetti sauce, with cooked chicken breast, garlic, onion and peppers.
Barbecue sauce instead of spaghetti sauce, with pulled pork or cooked chicken, onions and peppers.
Green curry sauce, with chicken or beef, onions, peppers and bamboo shoots.

TheHead

TMB

Yes sir looks like a good one to try in the SRG Tenpoint5.  If I can get Kimmie out of the house before I cook it then it's a go!   ;D

She would not like to see this one, it's not on her eating plan!  ;)
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!