Bubble Pizza

Started by Tenpoint5, January 18, 2010, 09:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Since I am in a sharing mood here is another family favorite Bubble Pizza. With younger kids it is best to make it as stated, but our kids are getting bigger so we drop the burger and put Black olives and cut up Canadian Bacon pieces in there now. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

Bubble Pizza

2.5 oz jar of Spaghetti Sauce
2 rolls/tubes of Grand biscuits cut each roll/biscuit into 4 pieces
2 Cups of Mozzarella Cheese
1 Cup Cheddar Cheese
2 lbs. of Hamburger browned and drained.

Mix all but the cheeses in a 9x13 pan, bake at 400* for 25 minutes, Add cheeses on top and bake another 10 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes before cutting and serving.

*** We have dropped the Hamburger and used Canadian bacon, Italian Sausage etc... Basically any ingredient that you use on pizza can be put in there. Just watch the moisture content and size. IE: Onions , Peppers.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

KevinG

Sounds interesting, but do you put all the ingredients in the biscuit dough and mix or just place on top. Seems with the title "Bubble Pizza" it's all mixed up and forms a bubble when you cook it.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Tenpoint5

Yep mix it all together. As the cut up biscuits cook they expand and resemble what we have always called "Monkey Bread". Think of it as when your taking your bubble bath Kevin  ;D ;D and you scoop up a hand full of bubbles. Each bubble is a piece of biscuit with the pizza toppings all around it. Need to get that thought out of my brain it hurts too bad!! ;D ;D

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

KevinG

But my bubbles don't have anything in them - unless - ooops, homemade bubbles.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Tenpoint5

Oh this thread is going to get Hijacked in a bad way. I can just see it coming as soon as Hal and CRG get here.

squirtthecat

Hal is busy shopping...

Wait until you see what the Easter Bunny is bringing him.   :o :o

classicrockgriller

Just mix it and spread it out on the pan?

I think I could make this one.

You add the onions and peppers when you add the cheese?

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on January 18, 2010, 11:46:07 AM
Oh this thread is going to get Hijacked in a bad way. I can just see it coming as soon as Hal and CRG get here.

Me hijack a thread?  Moi?  Never!

Tenpoint5

Quote from: classicrockgriller on January 18, 2010, 11:50:20 AM
Just mix it and spread it out on the pan?

I think I could make this one.

You add the onions and peppers when you add the cheese?
Nope add all of the ingredients your using at the same time and mix. Except the cheese it goes on after baking for 25 minutes.

NePaSmoKer

I made the bubble pizza. Chris hope you dint mind me posting pics.

Got the biscuits all cut and in the dish.

I used 3cheese sauce.

Topped with hamburger.

Topped with pepperoni  ;D

Now 25 minuets later.

Topped with cheese.

10 minuets later..........................................Kinda sounds like sponge bob huh  ;D

Notice the hole between the biscuits, that's where they separated.

Now i gotta kick up the heat  ;D

10.5 You got another winner here........Its good  ;D

Tenpoint5

Rick,
Momma saw your pictures and said "He would like it even better if he mixed everything together before baking". Meaning that after you added the sauce and the meats you should have stirred everything together. Then the biscuits wouldn't separate like they did on you. I thought it looked good.

classicrockgriller

I bet the kidos go for that in a big way!

Wonder what cinnamon rolls cut up and add some nuts and other goodies would be like?

NePaSmoKer

Yeah its good. Will have to do what your wife said and mix it all up.

This is good for my daughter to make when she has her friends over with their brats i mean kids  :D

crg got a good idea on it too  ;D

Tenpoint5

Quote from: classicrockgriller on January 20, 2010, 07:21:54 AM
I bet the kidos go for that in a big way!

Wonder what cinnamon rolls cut up and add some nuts and other goodies would be like?

At first I thought Yuk that would change the taste and it wouldn't be pizza. Then the brain engaged. Why not use some sort of caramel sauce or cheese sauce instead of pizza/spaghetti then after the 25 minutes of baking add scrambled eggs and cheese on top and make a breakfast bubble pizza

Quarlow

Mmmmm this things getting a life of it's own.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.