• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Leg of lamb?

Started by rdav01, January 25, 2010, 11:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdav01

Has anyone done a leg of lamb and how long it may take? I may have to hang it not sure if it will fit on the rack???

rdav01

Wow no one? i would have thought someone tried to tackle it either way I did google it and found some recipe on how to smoke it and what eternal temp should be

3rensho

Just search the forum for "leg of lamb" (sans quotes) in subjects and you'll get a lot of hits.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

classicrockgriller

Caneyscud

Usually don't have too much of a problem with toughness - lamb is generally tender - so I've had great success even grilling it.  When I grill one, I like to debone it and cook it flat, opened out, butterflied.  Probably at around 350 to an IT of about 130 for the rare side of medium rare.  140 if you want medium rare.

But I have smoked a whole one also, just takes longer.  I like to make a schmear of olive oil, finely minced garlic, cracked pepper, minced rosemary leaves and some lemon zest.   Schmear that on (rub it in good and into all crevices) then sprinkle with kosher salt.  Put in smoker at 250 - 275 until IT to your desired doneness - see above.  Use wood you like! but a hotter burning and stronger tasting wood does best for me.  I've even used grape vine trimmings. 

BTW - it should be against the law to cook it past medium rare.  Some good eats if you like the taste of lamb.  I do!!!!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

rdav01

Thanks guys i really appreciate the help