• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Small Jerky Batch

Started by NePaSmoKer, January 26, 2010, 07:03:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Doing 1 1/2lbs of London Broil jerky. Using my backwoods marinade. Going with 2 pucks of cold smoke hickory.

No need for fancy shmancy slicers  ;D

Backwoods marinade.

Reveo Time.

Tenpoint5

One of them fancy slicer knives is on my have to get list. Maybe when the taxes get back.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on January 26, 2010, 07:19:21 AM
One of them fancy slicer knives is on my have to get list. Maybe when the taxes get back.

If i can get to Reading China & Glass i will look for one dem long knifes for ya  ;D

NePaSmoKer

Ready for the paper bag trick  ;D

Bavind

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Bavind on January 26, 2010, 06:42:49 PM
Paper bag trick????? ???

An Amish farmer taught me a few years ago to put your finished jerky in a paper bag to soak any moisture or surface fat/grease. Been doing it ever since and he was right.

Bavind

Makes sense good tip thx ;D

OU812

dbondy

Looks great NEPAS, that reveo shure looks like a nice toy to have. ;D

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: dbondy on January 27, 2010, 05:54:06 AM
Looks great NEPAS, that reveo shure looks like a nice toy to have. ;D

It is. Really takes the marinade time down like 23 hrs 40 mins  ;D  to 20 mins

Tenpoint5

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on January 26, 2010, 07:44:36 AM
Quote from: Tenpoint5 on January 26, 2010, 07:19:21 AM

If i can get to Reading China & Glass i will look for one dem long knifes for ya  ;D
Is yours the 12 inch or the longer one I think it is 18 inch?
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Smokey the Bear.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is London Boil? ???
If it has eyes and a head,I would probably eat it. Eh

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Smokey the Bear. on January 27, 2010, 12:32:21 PM
Excuse my ignorance, but what is London Boil? ???

Its like a fancy steak.

wally22

NePaSmoKer I have to ask a dumb question and that's what is the purpose of the mesh that you have in the tray. I have seen folks use this on other posts. Also is this something that you would recommend?
Thanks wally

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: wally22 on January 27, 2010, 07:40:15 PM
NePaSmoKer I have to ask a dumb question and that's what is the purpose of the mesh that you have in the tray. I have seen folks use this on other posts. Also is this something that you would recommend?
Thanks wally

The mesh is food grade heat resistant to 500*. Stuff dont stick to it and makes for doing small stuff like nuts. Good for cheese and jerky. Yes i would recommend the screens for your Bradley or grill.

The Yard&Pool link on the bottom of my posts carries the screen. Talk with Bryan, Great guy.