NEPAS snow on its way

Started by pensrock, February 05, 2010, 08:46:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pensrock

We are supposed to get 4-8 inches by noon tomorrow. With my luck we will ONLY get the four inches. But since you have good luck on your side you'll most likely get the 8 inches.  ;D ;D ;D You can take the new Jeep out and play.  :)

OU812

We had a light rain off and on all day yesterday and over 4" of snow lastnight.

Still snowin here.

White knuckle run gettin home lastnight, wasnt bad comin in this morn.

squirtthecat

Sleet here this morning.   A little snow now.  Nothing like the 5" they predicted..

NePaSmoKer

yeah i guess 8-10 for us. down south is going to get a hammering  :D

begolf25

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on February 05, 2010, 09:30:26 AM

Tell me about it. They are calling for 16" - 24" here depending on the storm track. Not looking forward to that at all!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: begolf25 on February 05, 2010, 09:33:32 AM

Tell me about it. They are calling for 16" - 24" here depending on the storm track. Not looking forward to that at all!

Weird that we aren't getting the snow like you guys down south? EL NINO i guess

seemore

It has been a whacky winter, for sure!
Mrs

Quarlow

Heh heh we are so low on snow here that they are trucking snow into the local mountain for the Olympics. That is going to cost huge bags of cash. And to top it all off they are using a heavylift heli logging chopper to take the snow from the parking lot to where they freestylers will be performing. At $10,000 per hour it will cost us so much money that my grandkids will still be paying for it. When they talked about the getting the games they had a vote for yea or nah and the only ones that got to vote for them was Vancouver and Whistler(the ski resort own) none of the other municalitys got a say but the whole province gets to pay for them.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

seemore

Not enough snow for the Winter Olympics?  Holy cow-what a wierd winter this is turning out to be.....

deb415611

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on February 05, 2010, 09:39:09 AM
Quote from: begolf25 on February 05, 2010, 09:33:32 AM

Weird that we aren't getting the snow like you guys down south? EL NINO i guess

It's very weird.  My kid thought he was going away from the snow when he transferred to a school in Baltimore  :D  My husband has been teasing him all day.

lumpy

I was BBQing and smoking in my shorts yesterday.........drinking ice cold beer.

Then again I do the same in a snow storm...........drink ice cold beer :D

Canada eh!

Lump

tsquared

Here we are on  Vancouver island and our local ski area is a 3 hour drive north up island. They have a snow base of 380 cm!! and yet across the strait in Vancouver where the Olympics are--nada! I think Whistler(where most but not all of the ski events are happening) is better than the local mountain above Vancouver where the boarding is happening.
T2

Quarlow

Don't you like how you didn't get to vote for or against it but you get to pay for it, Thanks GORDO!!!
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

NePaSmoKer

We have around 10" and its still snowing. My wife tried to go to work this morning at 5am and she had to come home. The tracon and tower are still open.

begolf25

24" so far and another 8"-10" by this afternoon. Not even going to be able to enjoy this one outside with my son and dog. They can't even move in it.