Hockey

Started by Caneyscud, February 22, 2010, 05:39:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caneyscud

Quote from: tsquared on February 23, 2010, 08:48:23 PM
QuoteA Hobie Revolution - WoW!!!  Great choice and Congrats.  Man, that is a sweet boat.  Did you get the drive?   If you did, you have to tell me about it - I don't know anyone who has the drive.    Coincidence you getting your Hobie, I was just looking last night at what looks like a new model of the ProAngler.  However, with as much water going down our rivers right now, I think a playboat would be more appropriate!
I did get the drive, with upgraded turbo fins. I'm having a ball getting it set up for the fishing season. Equipment so far: hand held 5W vhf, Lowrance colour ifinder(already had the chart chip for my area for the chartplotter on my power boat) and a Lowrance fishfinder left over from my power boat, sail and hobie outrigger kit and sail rudder. I took it out for an inaugaral run on Friday at my local beach--works great--moves like stink with the mirage drive and your hands are free for fishin.
T2
You're getting that thing set up sweetly.  What do you intend to go after?  That is one serious set-uo.  Guess you don't partake of High Tea at the Empress often! ;D ;D
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Caneyscud

There was a hockey game?  I was watching Women's short program of skating where your Joannie Rochette bravely got out there and skated her heart out.  Don't mind saying it, but there more than one tear on my cheeks!   

tsquared

QuoteYou're getting that thing set up sweetly.  What do you intend to go after?  That is one serious set-uo.  Guess you don't partake of High Tea at the Empress often! Grin
No, the Empress doesn't see me too often although they make a killer curry in the Bengal Room. I'm getting set up for halibut, salmon and flounder. If you look on the NOAA link, page 5, you will see "Albert Head". I live on the Head overlooking Parry Bay. There are good halibut fishing spots less than a mile from my place. (Which kills me when I'm stuck working on honey do's and I look out at the bay and see some sob anchored up halibut fishing!) Around here you have to contend with strong tides so halibut fishing is restricted to those days when there is not much tidal movement. There is a good week of tides coming up the 2nd week of March, which coincides with me having 2 weeks holidays! ;D So I hope to finish most of my drillin and cuttin on the boat before then. Salmon will come later, April to September. Flounder are anytime, right in front of our local beach. I bought a kayak cart, so I load the boat on the cart in my driveway and take it for a walk(my neighbors give me a hard time). 10 minutes later I'm launching.
T2 
PS--Oh yeah--hockey! Bring on the Russians today!
http://ocsdata.ncd.noaa.gov/BookletChart/18465_BookletChart_HomeEd.pdf 

Paddlinpaul

We sure are teaching the Russians some lessons tonight. 6-1 in the second period for Canada. Lok out, we are starting to gel as a team.
With my Bradley, no one tells me to quit smoking!

Paddlinpaul

Quote from: Caneyscud on February 24, 2010, 06:41:52 AM
There was a hockey game?  I was watching Women's short program of skating where your Joannie Rochette bravely got out there and skated her heart out.  Don't mind saying it, but there more than one tear on my cheeks!   

Takes a lot of guts for her to do that last night after what she has been going through. I sure hopes she hangs on to a podium position.

leftcoast smoker

Quote from: Caneyscud on February 24, 2010, 06:41:52 AM
There was a hockey game?  I was watching Women's short program of skating where your Joannie Rochette bravely got out there and skated her heart out.  Don't mind saying it, but there more than one tear on my cheeks!  

I'll second that, she should get a medal just for having the courage to skate

Quarlow

AHEM...AAAHEM...CANADA vs russia 7 to 3 THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

classicrockgriller

Did you ever hear about the Texan that went to Canada on a business trip?

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

classicrockgriller

Caneyscud

Quote from: Quarlow on February 24, 2010, 07:58:26 PM
AHEM...AAAHEM...CANADA vs russia 7 to 3 THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Yep, your guns were all shooting last night!   Did not get to see much of it though!  Did Radulov play for the Russians?

azamuner73

Not sure if Radulov was playing but it was kinda nice to see Ovie all sombre since he didn't even get a point during the game.  We didn't give them any room to breathe.   :)

Caneyscud

Quote from: azamuner73 on February 25, 2010, 08:45:07 AM
....... nice to see Ovie all sombre since he didn't even get a point during the game.  We didn't give them any room to breathe.   :)

Yeh, that would have been sweet seeing how he tore us up in Oct. - 2 goals and and a SO goal that left Ellis going Who Dat!  I liked what Babcock said about the Nash/Weber combo. 

Paddlinpaul

Our Canadian ladies are up 2-0 over the US after the 2nd period in the gold medal game.

Go Canada Go!

Tiny Tim

With all due respect....USA...USA...USA. ;D