Help....... can you grill craw fish?

Started by TMB, February 25, 2010, 06:12:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TMB

I cooked lobster and tuna for the first time last weekend and would like to learn more about cooking fish/crustaceans (smoke or grilling)

Any thoughts and help would be great.  My wife and I both love craw fish but have only eaten then boiled.  I would like to smoke and or grill some to see how they would be.   ???

With the vest knowledge  of this forum I believe someone here has got to know something on the subject.    :)

Thanks again,

TMB
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

KevinG

Only boiled the little critters myself. Hadn't had them in years though, use to catch them as kids in the canals and loved the taste. To me it's just like lobster!
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Tenpoint5

I would say they should be able to be grilled. Throw the little suckers on the grill and make sure they don't climb off. Take pictures so we can call you a real cowboy herding crayfish on the grill!! I'm sure Ron will be along shortly if anyone has grilled the little buggers he has.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

TMB

I have an idea that I want to try but would like ideas and thoughts on grilling them.   Your right they do tastes very much like lobster when cooked right.
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

azamuner73

What if you only partially did them in boiling water and finished them in the smoker/grill?