• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Hoping my 10.5 Ham will be a 10

Started by Caribou, March 15, 2010, 11:37:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DTJ

Thanks, Who knows it could be really good, I am making the brine right now, But I will wait until at least my second try before I expirement too much!!

Daryl

Tenpoint5

Daryl you may find that what you get is perfectly fine and doesn't need any modifications. I will warn you it is a long smoke/cook!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Caribou

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on March 24, 2010, 10:29:07 AM
Daryl you may find that what you get is perfectly fine and doesn't need any modifications. I will warn you it is a long smoke/cook!
You have to plan a day and a half around it.
And sleep by the smoker if you don't have a PID  :D
Carolyn

pensrock

Looks great Carolyn. I do not know if I could wait till Easter to cut into that thing, good luck.  :)

Caribou

Thanks!
Well, i do have the shank portion of the ham in the freezer. :D
I could make another one.
Carolyn

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Caribou on March 25, 2010, 07:33:00 AM
Thanks!
Well, i do have the shank portion of the ham in the freezer. :D
I could make another one.
Carolyn
I would but take this one all the way to 152* IT then you would have the perfect comparison. Beings both halves come from the same Ham. You would know which way to do the next one.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Caribou

Oh Chris,
If I was less lazy I would surely do that.
:D :D
My dad's coming up for turkey season mid-April and I was thinking of maybe doing the second half then.
He's impressed with the stuff i smoke.
Carolyn

classicrockgriller

Nice work on the Ham.

It is very nice lookin.

Hope when I do one it looks that good.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Caribou on March 25, 2010, 08:27:01 PM
Oh Chris,
If I was less lazy I would surely do that.
:D :D
My dad's coming up for turkey season mid-April and I was thinking of maybe doing the second half then.
He's impressed with the stuff i smoke.
Carolyn

He aint the only one!!

seemore

CAROLYN..................thats is A Great looking ham
seemore

Caribou

Thanks,
We' be watching out for your pull-apart ham  :)
Carolyn

DTJ

Sorry I am just getting back to the post.  Thanks for the advice and words of encouragement!!!.  I finished my ham yesterday and the whole time in the smoker including drying, smoking and cooking was 20 hours.  But man o man does it look and smell good!!!  We are saving it for Easter, I have not look forward to Easter this much in I don't know how long!!

Daryl

Caribou

Hi Daryl,
I'm excited about eating my ham, too.  :)
Have a great Easter!
Carolyn

Tenpoint5

OU812

Dont leave us hangin.  ;D

How was the Easter Ham?