Complete Updated 6rk Digital .... Dual Elements .. Fan Kit .. 18 racks

Started by classicrockgriller, March 15, 2010, 12:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

I bought a new 6rk Digital before I found Smoker 3 to make it a Sausage Smoker.

Finally finished everything I wanted to do to it.

Dual Elements

Fan Kit

12 extra racks to make it an 18 rack

I ran it thru a test run and seasoned it yesterday. This is bitchin'. All seasoned up.

Gonna smoke two shoulder roast and two butts in it today.

MPTubbs

Very cool!

That baby has all the bells and whistles!
If your so cool....where's your Tattoo.

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Mr Walleye

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

OU812

That baby is sweet.

I did the fan thing right after I got mine, I put 2 fans in and they work great, the bottom is only 9 deg. hotter than the top.

KyNola

squirtthecat

The Stainless Beast Of Livingston!

Toker

Great job Man :D just let me know the degrees difference between the racks when you use it tonight pls.

RickWL63

Very nice.  How difficult was the fan install?  I'm definitely going to a 2-element setup very soon.  Large rack of pork ribs took entirely too long this past weekend.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: toker on March 15, 2010, 01:37:10 PM
Great job Man :D just let me know the degrees difference between the racks when you use it tonight pls.

toker, I postpone my smoke till tomorrow. Decided to inject and marinate my Butts. ;D

Quote from: RickWL63 on March 15, 2010, 02:12:57 PM
Very nice.  How difficult was the fan install?  I'm definitely going to a 2-element setup very soon.  Large rack of pork ribs took entirely too long this past weekend.

The fan kit is a thing of finese. I have some thoughts on what will help with an easier install and pics of my install that I will post later today.

Tenpoint5

Glad you posted a pic after it was seasoned I couldn't see a damn thing it was so shiny!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

queball

Damn I'm in love with that, I just did a duel element conversion on my 4 rack digi. I still thinking about a 6 rack though. ::)

Toker

[/quote]

The fan kit is a thing of finese. I have some thoughts on what will help with an easier install and pics of my install that I will post later today.
[/quote]

I will wait for this update for sure before i install mine.

Tommy3Putts

Wow LOL CRG!

That looks awesome.  And the LOL part comes from seeing all the "tricked-out" smokers.  Reminds me of the hot rods and drag race in American Graffiti.  OK who has the most tricked out Bradley?

It is amazing with the ingenuity that members of the forum have.  I really can't wait to see what you do with #3.  Got a name for that baby  yet?  How about FrankenBradley.  Nah just a thought.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Tommy3Putts on March 15, 2010, 05:50:12 PM
Wow LOL CRG!

That looks awesome.  And the LOL part comes from seeing all the "tricked-out" smokers.  Reminds me of the hot rods and drag race in American Graffiti.  OK who has the most tricked out Bradley?

It is amazing with the ingenuity that members of the forum have.  I really can't wait to see what you do with #3.  Got a name for that baby  yet?  How about FrankenBradley.  Nah just a thought.

Thanks to BigJohnT for thinking of a rack kit.

Thanks to Mr. "Mike" Walleye for thinking of extra element.

Thanks to them both again for seeing a need for a fan and having a fan.

And thanks to my Buddy, HawkeyeSmokes for his help.