What stuff have you smoked?

Started by Phone Guy, May 05, 2005, 12:43:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phone Guy

I typed that then remembered Kirk so I had to insert.. that word. (careful again)

I was thinking of what I have smoked in the BS so far and here is my short list,

1. Bacon wrapped chicken breast[V]
2. Baby back ribs
3. Italian sausages.
4. Cheese (jack and Chedder)
5. Hill Billy bacon
6. ABT's
7. Antelope Jerky
8. Pulled Pork (going in tomorrow)

I can't remember any more. What does your list look like?

Chez Bubba

Lots of varied cuts of beef, pork, lamb.

Some cuts of deer, elk, moose, wild turkey, antelope.

Chicken, turkey, pheasant, duck.

Cheese, sausage, burgers, onions, taters, tomatoes, peppercorns, salt, jalapenos, mushrooms, cashews.

Shrimp, scallops, variety of fish.

I'm sure there a bunch I'm forgetting, maybe this would be easier if we listed the things we <b>haven't</b> smoked![:D][:D]

PG, I edited your thread title instead of moving this to the meat forum since you introduced non-meat items. Just going out on a limb here & don't really expect it to turn into a heroin/weed/crack thing.[:)]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

PAsmoker

Most edible parts of pigs, cows, & birds. Some venison

bacon, jerkey,

Ears of corn, many cloves of garlic, onions, peppers, shrumes, nuts.

After a few beers - frozen pizza (came out pretty tasty, like done in a woodburning oven) & frozen breaded jalapeno poppers.

shrimp, fish, scallops, cheeses,

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Just going out on a limb here & don't really expect it to turn into a heroin/weed/crack thing.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> that's why my list is incomplete![^]

PS -- I just smoked my shirt this past week.  I was playing golf and I was holding up the scorecard looking at the local rules.  When I went to put it back in my top pocket, I brushed across the cigar hanging out of my mouth.  I started to walk to the hole thinking, man, this cigar really just smells like paper.  About 3 min. later my "breast" was getting warm.  I open my jacket & had smoke coming out of my shirt pocket!!  I now have a nice big burn hole in my shirt & a scorched score card. must have taken some hot ash of the cigar & into the pocket.  I don't think I am going to live this one down soon.  My buddies are having a field day with me now.
The Original PAsmoker

MWS

how about most unusual thing smoked... Six weeks ago I smoked malted barley for a homebrewed ale I was making. I soaked the barley (2 lbs) overnight in a whiskey and water mix and then drained and placed in some cheesecloth and smoked with oak for about 1.5 hours at 140 degs F. I just tried the first bottle a couple of nights ago. It was great. It had a roasted and subtle smoke flavor. I'm glad it turned out because I have 5 gallons of it [^][:D]

Mike - Harrison Hot Springs B.C.
- Find true happiness, capture it and eat it -
Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

Oldman

mws

How about sharing how you make your beer? If you will please post it on the open forum at this site: <b><font color="red">Hear</font id="red"></b> This way it will be easy for us to add your recipe to the Member Recipe Page. Also if you have photos you would like to add <b><font color="red">E-Mail</font id="red"></b> them to me and I will host and add them.

Thank you!

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

psdubl07

BB ribs, Pork Tenderloin, Bacon
Brisket
Cheese
Bacon-wrapped, Cheese-stuffed Chicken
Salmon
Almonds
ABTs (Just did these last night for the 1st time....WOW!  If you haven't done these yet, DO THEM!)

Mike, glad to hear about the beer success.  I'm a brewer also and am planning on smoking some barley for the next batch.

BigSmoker

So far:
<font size="3"><b>BEEF</b></font id="size3">
Brisket
Beef Ribs
Burgers
Steaks
Tri-Tip
Bologna(highly recommend using sirloin)

<font size="3"><b>PORK</b></font id="size3">
Boston Butt
Baby Back Ribs
Spare Ribs
Pork Chops
Pork Tenderloin(cured and non-cured)
Pork Loin(cured and non-cured)
Pork Sausage
Ham

<font size="3"><b>Poultry</b></font id="size3">
Whole Chicken
Bone in Chicken Breasts
Bacon wrapped skinless chicken breasts
Whole Turkey

<font size="3"><b>Fish/Seafood</b></font id="size3">
Salmon
Tuna
Shrimp

<font size="3"><b>MISC</b></font id="size3">
Almonds
Pecans
Aged White Cheddar Cheese
Boiled eggs
ABT's
Coffee
Onions
Taters

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

MallardWacker

I think the reason I never started smoking was because the only smokes my freind could steal when I was in  jr. high were Pa-Mals, no filter.  Man that was like french kissing a dragon.[}:)]

Oh that type of smoking.

Only thing that I might add to the lists not mentioned is:

Zucchini Squash:  Complete YUK[xx(]

Hambergers:  Very Good

Deviled Eggs:  Most excelent.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

JJC

I only have two things to add to the above:

1)  pistachio nuts (awesome)

2)  iguana ( a big old one that my friend dressed for me as soon as it died; tasted like smoked chicken . . . )

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

MallardWacker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by JJC</i>
<br />I only have two things to add to the above.....

.....iguana ( a big old one that my friend dressed for me as soon as it died; tasted like smoked chicken . . . )
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Could I of guessed, Chicken.[:D]  Sometimes I feel sorry for chickens, now inguana tastes like them.

Iguana Pate'
Iguana Gizzard (fried or saute'd)
Iguana Ribs (I'd go for the Spares, the BB's are pretty darn small)
Iguana Tail (deep fried or baked)
Igauna Scampi (Moo-cho Garlic)
Iguana Jerky
Iguana Gumbo
Pickled Iguana Feet
Iguana Tounge (they eat beef tounge don't they)
Iguana Fajita Meat
Iguana Fries (Male Iguanas only-same as Rooster fries-yes thats what I mean)

Dang, you only thought chickens were so useful.

Instead of Alpacha farming, shoot why not Iguanas.

Thank god they don't have those in Perry County, man they would roasting them with their meth parties....

This has got me goi'n.[:D][:D]  I have been editing video for a depostion for the past four days staight and any stupid thing can get me saying some pretty dumb stuff.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Habanero Smoker

I can only add cornish hens, duck, habaneros, portabella mushrooms, eggplant, red snapper, and catfish.

<font size="4"><font color="green">Iguana!! </font id="green"></font id="size4">I think I will stick with chicken [:)]

I'm going to make pastrami by the end of the month, and still waiting for my goat meat[:(]

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Oldman

<font size="4"><font color="green">Iguana!! </font id="green"></font id="size4">I think I will stick with chicken [:)]

I agree there~~!

Ok three items:
Snails for Escargot-- I will never do that again.
RattleSnake for Mother-- she can have it.
Gator Tail for Mother-- she can have it.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mws</i>
<br />I'm glad it turned out because I have 5 gallons of it [^][:D]<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Mike,

I'll pay the shipping if you would be willing to part with 12 oz.[:)]

Kirk

Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

MWS

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Chez Bubba</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mws</i>
<br />I'm glad it turned out because I have 5 gallons of it [^][:D]<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Mike,

I'll pay the shipping if you would be willing to part with 12 oz.[:)]

Kirk

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Kirk,

With my 5 gallon batch, I filled 4 - 1 gallon German mini-kegs and 3 - 22 oz. bottles. As I sit here typing I am enjoying [:p] the 3rd and last bottle. Sorry man [V] If it's any consulation, I will remember you on my next brew session and fill some 12 oz'ers.  I wonder about the legality [?] of mailing beer to another country and how that brew would fair in a heated cargo hold [xx(]. I think my next ale will be an IPA (India Pale Ale) with some apple smoked malted barley. By the way, I do an all grain mash, none of that extract stuff [^]

Cheers

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved" -John Wayne
Mike 

MWS

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by psdubl07</i>
<br />
Mike, glad to hear about the beer success.  I'm a brewer also and am planning on smoking some barley for the next batch.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Being from Washington state (Beervana), you have a great selection of ales to choose from. I'm envious....I often travel to Bellingham to sample your fine ales. The Archer Ale House is a favorite spot as well as the Boundary Bay Brewpub. I started Homebrewing 10 years ago because I couldn't get quality ale up here in Canada. That's slowly starting to change.

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved" -John Wayne
Mike