3 racks of Baby Back Ribs (Sam's) and 6 Chicken Legs

Started by nolan, April 11, 2010, 05:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nolan

1.) Wash ribs, pat dry, and place in trash bag.
2.) Cover ribs with brine (I used an apple juice and chipotle brine from Fresh Market). Let sit in brine in garage fridge for 24 hours.
3.) Remove ribs from brine and let rest in fridge for another 24 hours (a matter of convenience, normally 30 minutes will do).
4.) Remove ribs from fridge and let reach room temperature while smoker pre-heats.
5.) Fill drip pan with apple juice and smoke ribs with apple wood for 3 hours (230*)
6.) After three hours of smoke, spray ribs with apple juice and wrap in foil. Re-arrange racks (ribs on top move to bottom and vice versa.
7.) Cook for another 2 hours at 230*.
8.) Remove foil, sauce ribs, rearrange racks, and return to smoker for 1 more hour (at 230*)
9.) Rib meat will have pulled back on bones and the rib meat will start to crack when lifted with tongs and lightly shaken,
10.) Let ribs stand for 30 minutes, then serve with sauce. Yummy! (I failed to take a picture of the final product)...

Habanero Smoker

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

nolan

Truth be told, I did all this smoking over the past two months.  I finally got around to posting the results.  I've learned a ton visiting this site!  Thanks to everyone...