• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

The latest pulled pork

Started by RAF128, April 22, 2010, 08:09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAF128

Started today.    Made the rub and applied a yellow mustard slather.    Now it's into the fridge.    Smoke will start tomorrow late in the day so it'll be ready for Saturday afternoon.   4 hours of Hickory.
I know how you all like pictures so here ya go

jiggerjams

Looks great!! I think I need to leave work now.

JJ

OU812

Thats goin to be gooood.

If your wantin to eat that bad boy Sat. afternoon I would start it Fri. around
10 AM. If it gets done early you can always FTC till lunch time. It sucks when you have to wait for the butt to get done, especially if theres company involved.

ArnieM

Looking good RAF.  I'm with OU on the timing.  Or, even do it a day ahead, pull it, bag it and fridge it.  It lets the smoke permeate.  Then, just reheat it.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

OU812

Quote from: ArnieM on April 22, 2010, 09:29:00 AM
Looking good RAF.  I'm with OU on the timing.  Or, even do it a day ahead, pull it, bag it and fridge it.  It lets the smoke permeate.  Then, just reheat it.

in a crock pot.

classicrockgriller

Looks like a winner winner, Pulled Pork Dinner!

I'm in agreement with others. Start that Piggie as early as you can on Friday.

If you stay low n slow (220 or below) it "could" take 16 to 24 hrs.

But also from what we learned on Turbo Cooking butts, you can bump up the temp.

ArnieM

OK, my dumb.  I guess I missed the "Turbo Cooking" part.  What is it  ??? ???
-- Arnie

KevinG

Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

ArnieM

Thanks Kev.  Sorry, getting old, watching cartoons all day and drinking vodka is beginning to be a problem  ;D
-- Arnie

KevinG

Substitute the Vodka for JD and I'm right there with ya.  ;D
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

DTAggie

Not sure how big your butt is......but I did a 7.5 lb last weeek at 245* and it hit 190* IT in 12 hours.  Was awesome.

RAF128

Mine is just under 7 lbs and am going to do it at 225.   I'll preheat to 250, put it in and turn down to 225.

DTAggie

Your timing should be fine I would think.  If it seems to be going slow you can always turn the temp up Saturday morning.

RAF128

I started yesterday at 5pm.    Preheated to 250.    Put in the roast.   Door only open long enough to put rack in.    Temp dropped to 210 and then dropped some more to 203.     4 hours of hickory smoke.   Checked last night at 10.   Tower temp still at 204 and meat up to 138.    Little worried but left it to 5:30.    Checked and meat was at 172 and cabinet still at 205.    Took a peek and it looks fine.   Cleaned off the burner and took out the 2 pusher pucks and turned on the generator.    Door was open for 30 seconds and temp dropped again to 188.    It started to climb.    Check it after an hour and cabinet up to 227 and meat up to 176.   It seems to be coming along nicely.   Turned the generator off again.   I don't want it cooking too fast.    Planning for supper at 5 today.

squirtthecat

You were in the dreaded 170° stall...   Sounds like it is coming out of it now.

If it gets done early, wrap in foil and a towel and shove it in the microwave.  It'll stay plenty hot for hours.